Kingsholm - The Good, The Bad and the Ugly !

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Kingsholm - The Good, The Bad and the Ugly !

Post by westwinds31 »

1. The Good

I live about 10 mins away from the ground and it was nice to set off an hour before rather than 3 hours ! Never been to Kingsholm and it's a decent enough ground and a pretty good atmosphere. Friendly banter with most people (see The Ugly !) and a good game. Hipkiss just gets better and better, the Glaws fans around me were asking why he isn't in England contention - the guy just cannot be put down and stays on his feet brilliantly. All of our good play was centered around him. Player of the Season ? Anyway, if you had asked before the game, I would have taken 2 points - but to lose in that manner is hard to take.

2. The Bad

Tackling for the Gloucester try after half-time was non-existant and disappointing, considering our defence has been solid lately. varndell proved again what he is...a deadly finisher, very quick but still naive in defence. Lots of injuries it seems, players coming off and back on again !

3. The Ugly

The referee-ing in general is dreadful. There were some very dodgy decisions today, on both sides. The Shed were in fine voice, and the "Same old Leicester, always cheating" is a complement really, but doesn't sit right with me at a rugby game - neither does "You don't know what you're doing" to the ref (although they had a point !). What did get to me was some of the idiots that were sat around me (I stress the minority) - to the guy who was singing "Same old Leicester - full of pakis", you should be ashamed of yourself, especially as he had kids with him and my son and daughter weren't impressed. Nor was my daughter impressed with the guy at the end who shouted at her "Remember the name, GLOUCESTER....G-L-O-U etc...spelling it out" She's 10 years old and was quite frightened that a grown man was shouting at her. All she had done during the game was utter a few "Come on Tigers". Having said that, good banter with a couple of the Glaws fans...one who said that we were robbed as TV's "try" was indeed a try.

Good day out, but you have to wonder about some people....oh, and did I mention the booing, shouting and general heckling when Humphries was preparing to kick ? It makes you appreciate your own patch !
Big_Johnno
Super User
Super User

Post by Big_Johnno »

i find gloucester fans to be a bit of a joke, most come from the football crowd that each city has but obviously gloucester - being in the conference north or whatever - aren't really worth going to see, the sad thing is at any football match the gloucester fans would look a bit pathetic singing 'you don't know what you're doing' in their funny, drunken american sounding accents. just for the record i go to football games too so i'm not being all 'stupid football fans' but yeah, when the 'town full of paki's' chant was done you should've either got a steward or asked about what it was like to be so inbred.
E I
E I
E I
Oh! Up the rugby here we go!
When we win in europe, this is what we'll sing:
We are champions, We are champions Paddy Howard's King!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: Kingsholm - The Good, The Bad and the Ugly !

Post by Big Dai »

westwinds31 wrote:1. The Good

3. The Ugly

There were some very dodgy decisions today, on both sides. The Shed were in fine voice, and the "Same old Leicester, always cheating" is a complement really, but doesn't sit right with me at a rugby game - neither does "You don't know what you're doing" to the ref (although they had a point !). What did get to me was some of the idiots that were sat around me (I stress the minority) - to the guy who was singing "Same old Leicester - full of pakis", you should be ashamed of yourself, especially as he had kids with him and my son and daughter weren't impressed. Nor was my daughter impressed with the guy at the end who shouted at her "Remember the name, GLOUCESTER....G-L-O-U etc...spelling it out" She's 10 years old and was quite frightened that a grown man was shouting at her. All she had done during the game was utter a few "Come on Tigers". Having said that, good banter with a couple of the Glaws fans...one who said that we were robbed as TV's "try" was indeed a try.

Good day out, but you have to wonder about some people....oh, and did I mention the booing, shouting and general heckling when Humphries was preparing to kick ? It makes you appreciate your own patch !
It's why we don't go to Kingshole anymore. I can take it, but I don't see why the kids have to.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

As you say, Westwinds, we get used to that chant. Not sure I consider it a compliment, but never mind. Having a go at the ref happens at every game, although on the television we could hear something being chanted at the ref - not nice to hear what it actually was, shows the gang mentality of some of the supporters.

However, what was said to your daughter is nothing short of disgraceful, and really the Glaws authorities should hear about it. Those sort of comments have no place anywhere, never mind a rugby ground.
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

at wuss last year when we got beat... on the way back to the car i nipped for a toilet break and my wife walked to the car 2 wuss fans started intimidating her because they had beaten us... fortunately a couple of tigers guys told them to go away.. until i caught up... but a lot of the wuss fans are the same as the Glaws fans even down to the very similar chants... 'you don't know what your doing'.... because the are all qualified referee's (but at what i'm not sure) sadly i think it will get worse before it gets better...
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

As I posted in the " Gutted" thread. I say the MAJORITY of the Glaws fans are a bunch of simpletons who really want to be at the football. As there is no decent footie teams to go to then they converge on the rugby club. :mad:

And if I have offended Glaws fans I won't apologise for it because IMO they are the worst of the bunch.

To chant what they chant at their games is not banter it's typical footie chants.
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

Could see it coming 3 years ago..hence no season ticket now.

Ill mannered supporters,
Football chants,
Taunts,
Racism,
Farcical 2nd teams to watch,
Stupid playoffs.

Hail the professional era!!!!!!!!

Glos had a head start cos of no football team.

You can keep it!!
Bud
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bud »

racisim should never, ever be allowed WHOEVER the fans are. If I were you I'd complain.
Ed
StamfordTiger

Post by StamfordTiger »

What do you expect when the manager gets banned for 13months!

Great example of how to behave :angry:
Tuilagi is nails!

:pint:

http://tinyurl.com/2stxl4
Bud
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bud »

I'm seriously shocked. These people need to be stamped out. I can't believe it.
Ed
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

The Glaws fans probably get their football mentality from their thuggish coach.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

You could be right there!!

G, you know its interesting. You are much more positive about Tigers then me at the moment. :oD :oD I am a bit down in the dumps. Must get a bit of the vino inside me!! ;o)
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Go Simon Go. :roll: Get some vino inside you it does wonders for your mind. And is great while it lasts.

Then again it does wear off, you get a thumping headache and then you get back to reality where nothing changes. And the next day? Back to normality. :roll:
SilensFatuus
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SilensFatuus »

g wrote:The Glaws fans probably get their football mentality from their thuggish coach.
I do remember both your coaches mouthing of at the ref after the game.

Westwinds, I'm really sorry about what happened, maybe get in contact with the club just so the stewards can watch out for it. I didn't hear the heckling when Humphs was taking kicks. :o?

Yes, we don't have a football club but all the chants are made in good jest. To be fair the ref had a shocker both ways. And when he did officate right, the guy in front of me was very quick to shout 'you do know what your doing'

Most of the people I know in Glos that support Glaws, HATE football so G your comments like that are out of line. We love our rugby and are going to make it known.

I'm sorry but some of these posts have quite hurt me, a lot of generalisations were made...we're not all inbred just those from the Forest :oP
Cherry and Whites ~ European Challenge Champions
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Just to give a different experience of the Glaws day out. Met some Glaws fans outside the pub while waiting it for it to open - went in and bought each other a round before the match. Sat in the buildbase with Tigers fans so missed the dialogue of the Shed but having been to many games at kingsholm, I always notice the chanting about Leics cheating is in direct proportion to how much they are being outplayed!
After the game met the same fans and sunk another couple of pints while watching the France game. Good natured banter all round and 2 points from the day which would have been good before the KO. Unlike the old days no point finishing first in the league - 2nd is just as good.
I think the point is avoid the Shed particularly if you have kids with you.
Jez

Only Winners Win!