The cost of officiating.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

The cost of officiating.

Post by unohoo »

Not going to the TMO, so avoiding awarding a try - 5 points.
Not seeing a player touch the ball over the dead ball line, thus avoiding giving a 5 metre scrum - 5 points.
Penalising a player for running into a slowing down player, and not penalising a punch to the face - 3 points.
The chance of a win a Kingsholm - Priceless.
Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Simmo »

Here Here!!!

Don't forget the everlasting advantage that gained Gloucester 3 pts.

I think Sean Davey and Co were trying to take Chris White's place as "Worst Officials of the Weekend"!!
Last edited by Simmo on Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simmo
Angelo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Angelo »

:mr.green: i know you're gutted guys, and you're right, but that post is great! Bravo Unohoo
Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Simmo »

Angelo,

Well done to Italy...well happy that Italy have won 2 6 Nations matches.....only down side, Castro wasn't part of it yesterday.

:oD
Simmo
alex_111
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by alex_111 »

one of the single worst refereeing performances i have ever seen, cost leicester the game, the technology is there for a reason, use it!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

If Varndell had acted as though he'd scored, I'm sure it would have gone to the TMO. As it was, TV's body language was all wrong after the 'try', and effectively gave Davey the go ahead to call for a scrum.

Also, it would be wrong to kick out against Davey for yet another horrendous intervention from a TJ.
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

That's why I didn't single out any one official.
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

Perhaps Varndell did not not think it was a try? as nobody else seemed to think it was?, even if it was given who says we would have gone on to win?
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

tigerman wrote:Perhaps Varndell did not not think it was a try? as nobody else seemed to think it was?, even if it was given who says we would have gone on to win?
Oh, I agree that the incident was too early to be defining.

Varndell certainly acted as though he hadn't scored, so moaning about Davey not going to the TMO seems a little bizarre.

What is strange is the fact that the replay showed that it probably was a try. Which makes TVs reaction very odd indeed.
Angelo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Angelo »

Thanks Simmo, i'm still dreaming....as i wrote elsewhere, Sky italian commentators (former Super 10 players) continued to blame the ref, for not asking the TMO on Varndell's try, until the end of the match.
All Azzurri on TV dedicated the victory to Castro, Parisse wrote down on his forearm "Castro, we will win for you" before the match :mr.green:
And England made a great match, take shelter from that guys. Tigers internationals were immense, Ellis above all
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Proof yet again that Tom just does not have a Rugby brain.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

But then, if TV had protested that he'd scored, would he have been pinged for talking back?
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Big Bad John
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Big Bad John »

It is up to the Captain to talk to the ref and say that the team feel hard done to in the last two matches by refs and video refs, and could we please have a replay of the incident?
Get Some Baby!
Big Bad John
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Big Bad John »

Tom is right not to get involved with backchat and crowding the ref!
Get Some Baby!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Rizzo wrote:But then, if TV had protested that he'd scored, would he have been pinged for talking back?
I think a 'celebration' would have done the trick. As I say, the really odd thing is that he most probably had scored. I am completely nonplussed as to why he thought he hadn't.

TV aside, a very entertaining game that could have gone either way. Leicester and Glaws will be the home semi-finalists in the playoffs, and will probably meet again at Twickenham.