Geordan in Latvia?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

StamfordTiger

Post by StamfordTiger »

I'm disappointed for him not being picked for the Ireland team and think that he should have been a shoe in a Croke Park!

If they dont need him i'm sure our little club could benifit from his lightening runs down the flanks!
Tuilagi is nails!

:pint:

http://tinyurl.com/2stxl4
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

i agree to an extent shedman. geordan doesnt ever seem to play aswell for ireland as he does for tigers, but there are 3 reasons for this.

1) he rarely gets to play in his favoured full back position for ireland (not so often for leicester either mind) but whenever he has, he has played so much better than on wing.
2) most of the other backs are from leinster and play a different style game to what geordan is used to. and also, i ll probably get slated for this, but in leicester he doesnt have to put up with an ego like o'driscolls.
3) eddies choice of style, stifles geordan. he is too regimented and routine with the kind of play he encourages. geordan is better when not doing set pieces straight from the training paddock. he has great vision and a genius rugby brain, and often the style of ireland stifles this ingenuity. his kick while he was on pitch against wales (?) was fabulous.

so i think its mainly down to eddies unprofessionalism and inablility to separate rugby from personal life that leads to geordan playing worse rugby for ireland.
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

GT1 wrote:Why have you censored the word FULLBACK
Any word that begins with f and ends in k gets censored now.

Too many smart f*****s have been trying to get round the censor using asterisks.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
outwide

Post by outwide »

orla - mumha abú! wrote:i agree to an extent shedman. geordan doesnt ever seem to play aswell for ireland as he does for tigers, but there are 3 reasons for this.

1) he rarely gets to play in his favoured full back position for ireland (not so often for leicester either mind) but whenever he has, he has played so much better than on wing.
2) most of the other backs are from leinster and play a different style game to what geordan is used to. and also, i ll probably get slated for this, but in leicester he doesnt have to put up with an ego like o'driscolls.
3) eddies choice of style, stifles geordan. he is too regimented and routine with the kind of play he encourages. geordan is better when not doing set pieces straight from the training paddock. he has great vision and a genius rugby brain, and often the style of ireland stifles this ingenuity. his kick while he was on pitch against wales (?) was fabulous.

so i think its mainly down to eddies unprofessionalism and inablility to separate rugby from personal life that leads to geordan playing worse rugby for ireland.
Hi Orla,
Are you then saying that Eddie O sullivan has got it wrong in his team selections?
Neil Back you are now forgiven...................
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

thats exactly what im saying outwide. i think you are going to disagree though....

European Champions 2006!
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

outwide wrote:
orla - mumha abú! wrote:i agree to an extent shedman. geordan doesnt ever seem to play aswell for ireland as he does for tigers, but there are 3 reasons for this.

Hi Orla,
Are you then saying that Eddie O sullivan has got it wrong in his team selections?

yes i think he has IMO !

Flannery should be playing. BEST was not great in the first 6N matched. lineouts were wonky !

Quinlan or Neil Best should have Easterbys jersey !

cant see anything wrong with the back situation. you could argue murphy v dempsey but girvan has been solid and i mean SOLID with leinster and ireland the last 2 years !
Shedman is gone. Shedman is gone
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

BLIMEY!!

You Irish folk are picking holes in your side even though you have just trounced England, and could have on another day have beaten France. You will beat Scotland and could beat Italy also although that maybe a tough game.
:?:

What I am saying is you are in much better shape then England coming towards the World Cup. Most likely 4/5 in the Six Nations isn't bad.

CHINS UP folks, things are looking pretty good for you, your forwards can make mincemeat out of most teams, including at the moment England and your backs are pretty awesome.

Your glass is pretty full!! :pint: :pint:
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

nobody gives scotland a chance , especially english folk. i think they will give ireland a tough 60 mins before we pull away !
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

well simon, we still arent perfect. the closer a team gets to perfection, the more critical the fans get.

shedman, i am a huge quinlan fan, but he doesnt deserve to start in 6 nations as he hasnt played enough big games since his ban. neil best should be playing though.

European Champions 2006!
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

orla

i did say quinlan OR best

I included quinlan because of his form in the HC which i call big games and to be honest he is one of the main reasons why munster are still in the HC !

easterby just does not do it for me !