Geordan in Latvia?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wzevon
Top Cat
Top Cat

Geordan in Latvia?

Post by wzevon »

What was Geordan doing in Riga, Latvia on Saturday, apart of course watching Ireland humiliate England? God we could have done with his invention at Welford rd!!
wzevon
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by wzevon »

Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

He was having a well deserved break!

Pat had given him the weekend off as Geordan hadn't been expecting to be available for Tigers.

Once Ireland released him, it was too late to incorporate him in the club's plans for the Saints game and therefore he was free to go away for the weekend for a rest.

Fitness-wise he would have ben able to play for Tigers on Saturday, but he had missed out on the drills, the calls & the plays for the game so it was decided that they would stick with the team that had been selected instead of changing everything around at the last minute to include him.
Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Simmo »

Dave Angel wrote:He was having a well deserved break!

Pat had given him the weekend off as Geordan hadn't been expecting to be available for Tigers.

Once Ireland released him, it was too late to incorporate him in the club's plans for the Saints game and therefore he was free to go away for the weekend for a rest.

Fitness-wise he would have ben able to play for Tigers on Saturday, but he had missed out on the drills, the calls & the plays for the game so it was decided that they would stick with the team that had been selected instead of changing everything around at the last minute to include him.
Did we have any drills, calls and plays during the game? I must have missed them!
Simmo
Crumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crumby »

what plans :?
wzevon
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by wzevon »

Far be it from me to sound niggardly about Geordan having a weekend off. As a non-player I can only sit in awe of the sheer physical punishment of the game, and how these guys get trampled on, bounced on, pushed over and bumped around, and still turn up every week, and smile at the prospect of repeating the process. I couldn'tdo it for 5 minutes!
So begrudge him a weekend off....never. But for the first time Howard's grand "two teams" strategy looked shakey, the team looked patchy and lacking in experience. I think he may have under estimated Saints' ability to scrap.
To the same end I think it was a gaff barely getting Gibson on....he would have made a load of difference.
But give Saints their due, they look a terrible team. but they defended like terriers, and I think they deserved the win.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

We did have a plan, it was to give the ball to Rambeni to smash his way up the middle. Saints took no time to work this out & Geordan would have to.
What exactly was he resting from?
He has only played a few minutes recently.
Geordan is the clubs best f u l l b a c k by some distance & if fit should be told so & picked to play!!!(we dont want to lose him)
He doesn`t do himself any favours though, if I was involved in the Irish squad I would have been at Croke park on Saturday how could anyone miss a game like that IMHO.
Last edited by GT1 on Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keep standing areas in the new stadium!!
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Why have you censored the word FULLBACK
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

I will try 15
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

He could have been visiting Lucie who's been doing promo work on the Continent lately.

Pat said he could have a break. He wouldn't have had time to learn our gameplan and calls, and whilst he may not have played full games for Ireland whilst with them, he has been in full contact training as if he was playing a full game.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

and it looks like he can stay in Latvia. Girvan dempseys display v england has cemented his place for the world cup unless he gets injured of course.
Shedman is gone. Shedman is gone
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I thought you'd gone, never to return? Or so your siggy claims.

If Ireland don't want him, we do. so there.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

Rizzo,

a 43 13 win is good enough reason to return

if munster beat llalleni , i will be back with a vengence
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

such a shame that ireland dont want murphy, he has a lot to offer ireland. obviously some bad blood between him and eddie. he deserved a break, and from what ive heard, not even he could have helped tigers at weekend!! lol.
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

IN my opinion geordan has always lived in the shadow of the way he plays in leicester compared to ireland.

i think geordan on paper is a great player for ireland but for some reasons he just has not hit the heights with ireland

he has been exposed in defence with ireland but we cant compare leicester v worcester to a ireland v france game for standards cause the difference is embarassing !