Gold Member

Wilco out ?

Post by Bunchy »

Less is more....
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

fingers crossed its just Ashton playing mind games with the Irish coaches.
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

Wilkinson is injured?! Aw man, and he was doing so well.... two whole games without injury!
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
Outlander
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Outlander »

Can Catt play a whole international game at his age?

Just wondering.
Just a Yankee looker-on from afar.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

We're fudged if Wilko is out injured! Who would do the kicking? Catt is a nice distributor of the ball but his kicking is not the best.
Big Bad John
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Big Bad John »

Farell is a kicker! The main worry is that our midfield that has not yet had time to gel, and is already being chopped and changed. I know it is not a tactical decision and can't be avoided, but if Wilco should need to sit this game out it could set us back even further. I hope one of the young lads gets an opportunity as they will definately be needed in the future.
Get Some Baby!
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

I'd forgotten that BBJ - Farrell was a fantastic kicker when he played for Wigan although he doesn't / hasn't kicked for Sarries so far - do you think the England coaches will risk it and go with him?
Lansdowne RFC
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Lansdowne RFC »

Don't worry boys and girls.

Peter Stringer is back. No loss to the England team can make up for the sheer ******* disappointment of seeing Stringer playing for your country.

Another miserable afternoon awaits watching Stringer dance about like a tempremental monkey at the back of a ruck waving his arms in the air at a referee instead of doing his job.

Shame on you Eddie. The fans have spoken. We don't want Stringer in the team

http://forum.leinsterfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=5159
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Lansdowne RFC wrote:Don't worry boys and girls.

Peter Stringer is back. No loss to the England team can make up for the sheer ******* disappointment of seeing Stringer playing for your country.

Another miserable afternoon awaits watching Stringer dance about like a tempremental monkey at the back of a ruck waving his arms in the air at a referee instead of doing his job.

Shame on you Eddie. The fans have spoken. We don't want Stringer in the team

You surely know better but I beg to disagree about Stringer. Didn't he make it to man of the match, last year ? Anyway, I wanted to see Wilko and at this hour of the morning there is still nothing conclusive.

http://forum.leinsterfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=5159
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

im not stringers biggest advocate, but im glad he is back. i was uncomfortable with boss playing, he did ok but wasnt great. i think rog prefers to play with stringer and thats a big factor. and the fans havent spoken, leinster fans have spoken and its hardly surprising that they dont like stringer playing.

and could you please stop cursing, there is a reason this forum is censored, you arent supposed to get around it by being an absolute ladyboy.
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Wouldn't want to go on the Leinster forum if was going to be called English "Bollix". :roll: :roll:

On the few times I was on the Munster forum, it seemed friendlier then that!!
:D :D

Can't say I am a great fan of Eddie O'Sullivan for his treatment of Geordan for one thing but maybe he has gone for experience and as Orla says plays better with Ronan O'Gara. Is Boss that much better then him? Personally, I think he isn't.

That aside, the return of Brian O'Driscoll will make quite a bit of difference for Ireland.
Lansdowne RFC
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Lansdowne RFC »

I wouldn't worry about that simon. We seem to have a host of foreign born Leinster fans on leinsterfans.com and they take great delight in stirring tensions when it comes to certain players in the Ireland team.

But it's easy to become welcome on munsterfans. All you need is to describe where you bought the best ever ham sandwich and you'll be knighted by them (if that was possible)
and could you please stop cursing, there is a reason this forum is censored, you arent supposed to get around it by being an absolute ladyboy.
^ I was about to say "none of that stereotype ramblings" but I just realised I can't comment :D

About Stringer, this is what I can't understand. People say that Isaac Boss had a good game, but did nothing special against France. However, for 7 years we have seen Stringer throw up a catalogue of mediocre to poor performances. Why should Stringer get an extended run in the side because his replacement did nothing special? It's absolutely ridiculous, and is the most annoying thing about the Eddie totalitarian reign as Ireland coach. Nobody wants Stringer in the team because he is simply not good enough. How do we know if Boss is any good? We've hardly seen him. How about we give Boss 70 caps, and then decide who is better?

I despise Peter Stringer. We will win nothing with him in the team.
kingcarlos

Post by kingcarlos »

stringer does nothing really special he has good passing but boss is a running scrum half a bit like ellis
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

You could be right about Isaac Boss. You will have seen (and suffered :wink: ) Stringer quite a few more times then me so you could well be right about Boss. I didn't think Stringer was as bad as portrayed. Give Boss a run and at least you get a proper comparison.

Thanks for the encouragement about the Leinster forum.

I did see Stringer play well at least once. It was at the Millenium for last year's HC Final!! :wink: I was there with plenty Munster folk!! :D :D
Lansdowne RFC
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Lansdowne RFC »

One thing I do like about the Leinster forum is the way you can put up your own little logo, or avator. Some of them are very creative, and amusing. But that's for another day.....

You went to Cardiff??? Oh dear God! I sold my tickets to Orla, and have no regrets about doing it. Ok, ok, Peter played well in that match. But 1 decent game in 7 years? If he or ROG were a Wallaby or an All Black, they would have been discarded long ago.

I fear you may have been brainwashed by the Munster folk.