NOISE!!!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

We had the same problem at Twickers for the final last year - granted we were all a bit quiet as we gradually collapsed, but my dad and I are fairly noisy and were doing lots of shouting and standing up when the Tigers ran out.

Only a handful of people were doing the same in our block - everyone else was sitting down, clapping politely...and if people want to do that, fine, i would encourage them to be a little more energetic but i cant force them, but what really annoyed me was all the dodgy looks some people gave us as we were being 'vocally enthusiastic'. Thought that was a bit off.
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

I tried to get excited at Wuss, I really did. But then 80 minutes later I woke up and I hope to god it was just a nightmare.

Tigers fans, like most, are fickle. They cheer good play and the boo boys come out otherwise. I would agree with Kinoulton entirely. You either have the blanket brigade or the morons with England shirts (why do people wear England shirts to club matches? England are rubbish!). Folks like me, well, we're a rare bunch....
ginge

Post by ginge »

I would hate to tell people how to behave at a Welford road during the gamebut there are people in the A&L stand that dont even applaud a score/substitution/injured player or indeed anything.
Are these people spectators and not supporters.
I just cannot sit and watch a game and not shout my head off to support the boys. The crowd dont always get behind the team when they need us. It usually takes a piece of injustice(dodgy reffing r violent play from an opponeet before the roof really comes off) Just imagine the lift it would be if teh whole crowd made som elevel of noise) :wink:
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

I shout as much as the missus will allow. I get accused of shouting in her ear too much! :lol:

I think I may have to buy her some ear muffs for her birthday!
Lil'B

Post by Lil'B »

ginge wrote:PPl in A&L stand that dont even applaud a score/substitution/injured player or indeed anything.
Are these people spectators and not supporters.:wink:
Ginge, They are cardboard cutouts!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I think I'd prefer cardboard cutouts to some of the Corporate Hostility mob.

Cardboard cutouts don't take mobile phone calls during the game.

Cardboard cutouts don't have mutton-dressed-as-lamb wives who say "what's happening now" throughout the entire first half. (They rarely appear for the second half.)

Cardboard cutouts don't repeat the same phrase 28 times to the hysterical laughter of 6 other cardboard cutouts.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Kinoulton wrote:I think I'd prefer cardboard cutouts to some of the Corporate Hostility mob.

Cardboard cutouts don't take mobile phone calls during the game.

Cardboard cutouts don't have mutton-dressed-as-lamb wives who say "what's happening now" throughout the entire first half. (They rarely appear for the second half.)

Cardboard cutouts don't repeat the same phrase 28 times to the hysterical laughter of 6 other cardboard cutouts.
You've summed me up there, Kinny - maybe I'm a cardboard cutout and hadn't realised :wink: :lol:
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Noise!!!

Post by voice of the crumbie »

I don't think we're anywhere near as nosiy as when we won 4 in a row. The nearest we've come to it in recent scenes was when we beat Stade Francais with that superb comeback in last 15 min.

The atmosphere was electric. Let's have more please.

I always get behind the team and wish a few more would.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Noise!!!

Post by Tigersfan90 »

voice of the crumbie wrote: The atmosphere was electric. Let's have more please.
Lets hope the atmosphere repeats itself in the 1/4 finals! :D That was an amazing match though.
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Kinoulton wrote:I sit in the A&L.

A lot of the people fall in to two categories:

1) Quite old and very knowledgeable but look at you aghast if you get exceited.
2) Young, know absolutely beggar all about Rugby and only open their mouths to say something embarrassing.

And woe betide anyone who stands up to celebrate a try. Death by a thousand knitting needles.
Will disagree with you on that one Kin - us at the back of W5 make a heck of a lot of noise, it just gets lost in the roof!
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

DCat wrote: Will disagree with you on that one Kin - us at the back of W5 make a heck of a lot of noise, it just gets lost in the roof!
Not quite. I can hear you in W4. Noisy gits. :lol:
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
PMTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PMTiger »

Rizzo wrote:You're obviously not where I'm standing in the terrace, PMTiger - the volume of noise after the Munster victory was deafening.
I do stand on the terrace (22 club house end) and I guess I must be a tad deaf then.

What I have noticed is than the noise levels are always greater when we put out our strongest side. We will see what Saturday brings when we are lacking the international set.
enjoy life to the full, it is not a practice run.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

PMTiger wrote:
Rizzo wrote:You're obviously not where I'm standing in the terrace, PMTiger - the volume of noise after the Munster victory was deafening.
I do stand on the terrace (22 club house end) and I guess I must be a tad deaf then.

What I have noticed is than the noise levels are always greater when we put out our strongest side. We will see what Saturday brings when we are lacking the international set.
Maybe we're just noisier up the other end of the terrace then :wink:
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
PMTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PMTiger »

Maybe but I doubt it.
enjoy life to the full, it is not a practice run.
champanzie
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by champanzie »

i sit in the next stand i make a lot of noise, but the problem is the age of people around. i would say they are not the youngest and look at me as a holligan when i shout.
Come on you tigers!