A PUBLIC APOLOGY

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dave J
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

A PUBLIC APOLOGY

Post by Dave J »

When I heard that Joel Jutge had been appointed to ref the Munster game my reaction, with expletives deleted, was "Oh my god he's the worst homer in rugby". Well I have to apologise to M. Jutge as he called a fair game tonight. I didn't agree with every decision but then nobody ever does regardless of who the ref is.

Well done monsieur !
Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Simmo »

DJ,

I personally think he is one of the best refs and tonight particularly I think his performance was very good.

My only gripe with him was last years Uncontested Scrum decision against Bath at the Walkers.
Simmo
doyler

Post by doyler »

only one bad decision. the leicester kick that went over the dead ball line and he gave the 22
East-Munster Man
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by East-Munster Man »

if your a leicester fan he had a good game, and the fact that your highlighting how good he was validates my point in how he looked pro leicester. It was immaterial in the end as you would have won anyway. When your team wins the ref is never bad and when you lose he's never good.
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

doyler wrote:only one bad decision. the leicester kick that went over the dead ball line and he gave the 22
He checked it with the video ref, and thanks to SkyPlus, I had unlimited replays.

O'Gara's knee hit the ball into touch. He slid just a bit too fast. 22 was correct.
Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Simmo »

unohoo wrote:
doyler wrote:only one bad decision. the leicester kick that went over the dead ball line and he gave the 22
He checked it with the video ref, and thanks to SkyPlus, I had unlimited replays.

O'Gara's knee hit the ball into touch. He slid just a bit too fast. 22 was correct.
I've not watched a replay and agree but I must admit I did wonder at the time if he was checking with the video ref. Is that something the video ref should/can comment on?
Simmo
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

Yes. If he is unsure whether to give a scrum or drop out, he can ask.
Chesterfield Chris
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Chesterfield Chris »

I dont agree that we only slag off the ref when we lose. Chris White came in for a lot of stick for his reffing of the sarries game and we won.

CW is the David Ellery of rugby - officious but poor!
Rod
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Rod »

I'd be happy with M Jutge every time. Rather have him against Stade F than lots of home union refs.It wasn't his fault that we went to uncontested scrums v Bath. All we had to do was get over the line from inside their 22 with them depleted and WE bottled it, not M Jutge.
What I like is that he refs the scrums very well and the breakdowns. In appalling conditions we got a pretty fluid game and on a night of ultra physical and ferocious forward play, the players kept their cool because they trusted the referee to make the right decisions. No need for them to start dishing out summary justice!!
Vive le ref!
Rod
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Rod »

I'd be happy with M Jutge every time. Rather have him against Stade F than lots of home union refs.It wasn't his fault that we went to uncontested scrums v Bath. All we had to do was get over the line from inside their 22 with them depleted and WE bottled it, not M Jutge.
What I like is that he refs the scrums very well and the breakdowns. In appalling conditions we got a pretty fluid game and on a night of ultra physical and ferocious forward play, the players kept their cool because they trusted the referee to make the right decisions. No need for them to start dishing out summary justice!!
Vive le ref!
Munster Exile
Tiger Cub

Post by Munster Exile »

unohoo wrote: He checked it with the video ref, and thanks to SkyPlus, I had unlimited replays.

Can't have been watching too closely, since it was Shaun Payne who sheppard it out. :wink:

I think he had a good game, and the ref will always seem to be favouring the team on top, and Leicester were certainly that on Saturday!