Time for a British league says Moffett !

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Osprey in Leicester
Gold Member
Gold Member

Time for a British league says Moffett !

Post by Osprey in Leicester »

http://tinyurl.com/29qd6o

Have to agree I think its the way forward.
rufcut

Post by rufcut »

Make sure you mention Ireland(ie a British and Irish league), otherwise Munster will get really fired up this afternoon!!!
:lol:
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

The way forward for who though? Is this in addition to the Magners and Guinness Leagues or to replace them? If it is as a replacement then no thank you.... the Guinness Premiership is strong enough and has enough teams.
If as a replacement for the Heineken Cup then this is what would be happening without the French teams, but might as well let the Italians play as well, no reason why not!
Plus my bet is this French boycott either won't happen at all or at worst will be over in a year.
Osprey in Leicester
Gold Member
Gold Member

As a replacement, so do you think playing teams like Munster, Llanelli, Leinster, Ospreys and so on, on a weekly basis is less attractive than playing the likes of Worcester, London Irish.(Leeds or Earh Titans if they get promoted !)
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Personally I think you need us FAR more than we need you. However how do you propose doing this without a) resorting to regions (no thanks) or b) Creating a lot of angry people by ditching them into a second division. Sure it would be nice for the glamour games such as Leinster or Munster, but I can't see how else we would benefit really.
Osprey in Leicester
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ditch the EDF and just have two divisions of 12 teams, one way not to upset people would be for the celtic teams to start off in the 2nd division and have 2 up 2 down or even 3 up 3 down, the cream would soon rise to the top.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Whilst that might be attractive for the biger teams how do you expect the Connacht, Dragons, Worcesters, or Quins of this world to agree to it and end up losing out by playing in a second tier that will get much less in the way of revenue?
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

European cup, burden?? its not the way forward no. i for one love the heineken cup it provides great days and nights and some spectacularly good games and crowds are always increasing every season. the h cup is like the FA cup it should never be killed, especially if the italian sides keep getting better
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 4 »

And what exactly is wrong with playin teams like the Earth Titans?!

I have to agree with redtigger - the HC is great, and it will be back, there is no doubt about it, just a shame that it will either be undervalued or not on this year due to strudtures etc.
Osprey in Leicester
Gold Member
Gold Member

Carry this on later as Im off to Sale now. If we win I hope you lose, If we lose I hope you win !
Trout 63
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trout 63 »

Have a great day out OIL 8)

Might be a while till your next HC match!!! :lol:
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

hahahahahahaha:

"speaking from his holiday home in france..." :P

but i think that maybe for one season this would be a good plan... also with a league this size it might help eliminate the need for a wage cap, as other teams within the league (irish and welsh and scottish teams) won't have a wage cap and will help us bring in the players we need to annhilate everyone :D