Leicester - Newcastle Update

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

The main problem with bringing back Johnno - as you say Nik - is that he does not WANT to come back, not into rugby at all at present, let alone Tigers - he's said so umpteen times, most recently in a TV interview and still people clamour for his appointment on the coaching side. He was a great player, but he himself has said he has no coaching experience, and he does not want to come back at the moment, he's enjoying his life as it is.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Crivvens
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crivvens »

[quote="Dave W"] Why the friggin' eck doesn't pat start with Gibbo because when he came on, he was absolutely fantastic and gave the tigers ome much needed oommph!quote]

Gibson was not fit to play the whole game as he's just coming back from an injury after missing thr last three games, otherwise i'm sure he would have started.
Blimey...
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

yes unfortunately I heard that interview too Rizzo, but they all have to start somewhere and the experience he has as a Captain of Club and Country will hold him in good stead.

Again when I say bring back Johnno (and mean it!) it's in the ideal world, the way i've took his interview on Rugger Club was he wouldn't go into the England set up without any experience, does that mean he'll come to the Club to be DoR to get some of that experience? nice dream eh!

I still believe that Backy and Rowntree should be in the 1st team Coaching set up, Backy's done wonders with the Dev Team and should be way ahead of Cockers in the pecking order........ THAT'S MY OPINION. Rowntree is a legend who can offer life experience, just what Cockers offered when he came in however Rowntree's got more under his belt than Cockers and I believe would add more to the team. Some people may think it's a load of horse poop but that's my opinon. 8)
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

.........not just more under his belt Nik! Perhaps a bit more between those wonderful lugholes! :lol:
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

I'd only say that to him when I've had a few Remy's Dai, but how right you are :lol:
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

....From what I've heard about Wig I'd not be too worried about saying that to him! Remy or no! Cockers on the other hand................ :oops:
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

classic, you're so right Dai :lol:
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Nik wrote: I still believe that Backy and Rowntree should be in the 1st team Coaching set up, Backy's done wonders with the Dev Team and should be way ahead of Cockers in the pecking order........ THAT'S MY OPINION.
Hi Nik

My problem with Back is that our defence continues to look vulnerable. Talking to someone who went, he said that Newcastle cut us open a few times (a la Irish).

Who is our defensive coach ?
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

Hi DW I really am aghast, disappointed and a little disillusioned really, we have gone full circle and were going through this this time last year, why? The team are unhappy, with what has been said our boys are not gelling as a team .....

Defense, I don't really have the answers just think we should start sorting the top out (Pat & Cockers) and work our way down........... NO DIRTY COMMENTS PLEASE GUYS!! :lol:
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Watcher Daily!! Can you really stick that blame on the coaches? If you've got a bunch of boys who play next to one another week in week out they know the defensive patterns and the shortfalls of their mates and defend better! They rely on each other.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

...............Dirty Comments!!

BEWARE THE WRATH OF RIZZO!

To paraphrase Jack Sparrow "Why is the Remy always gone?"

Stumbles across lounge!

"That's why!"
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Sounds like a good name for a play, or Murder mystery, Big Dai!! :wink: :wink:
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

.......Ah well Simon! Whilst I would NEVER advocate drowning ones sorrows (To XS anyway!) I feel the odd glass, taken in reflection of a :censored: awful result never does anyone any harm.

As for the murder mystery that may be yet to come! The Falcons were certainly guilty of theft today!

Good luck to 'em! Perhaps they can steal a few more points from teams higher in the league!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Big Dai wrote:Watcher Daily!! Can you really stick that blame on the coaches? If you've got a bunch of boys who play next to one another week in week out they know the defensive patterns and the shortfalls of their mates and defend better! They rely on each other.
Hi BD

Our defensive record has not been good this year. As has been observed on another thread, we are really struggling to deal with ball run at pace. Rotation, regardless of its relative merits, is not helping with our defensive structure. I think that the coaching staff (and Back is the defensive coach) are being found out a bit this season.