tickets for rugby world cup 2007

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fitzy

tickets for rugby world cup 2007

Post by fitzy »

the big question is how do i get hold of any tickets???
im looking to take my son to one of the pool games in sept
does not need to be england games
but prefebaly games in paris
then we could take the eurostar for a day out

we tried ticketmaster but the system allways seems shut down for maintainence

any ideas plz????
wolverhampton_tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by wolverhampton_tiger »

Tickets have been released already, think they sold packages (ie all the team's pool matches) last April and then released tickets for individual games in November last year, both times they sold out in minutes.

I would imagine they'll do another release of tickets so I would register with Ticketmaster and they send out regular emails of tickets coming soon, that's how I found out about the November release. Got tickets for England v South Africa and both quarter finals in Marseille we could (!?!) be involved in. Lets hope we get to one of them!!
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

This is the official site for buying RWC2007 tickets:

http://www.france2007.fr/rugby_billette ... 26&lang=en
wolverhampton_tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by wolverhampton_tiger »

Found this on http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/EN/Home/RW ... ts+-+FAQs/

24. When will it be possible to order tickets?

All tickets for Rugby World Cup 2007 will be on sale over three different phases.

The first phase will start on November 5th 2005 when packs will go on sale to registered members of European national Rugby Unions. The second phase, when packs will go on sale to the general public, will start in April 2006. Individual tickets will go on sale to everyone during a third phase starting in Autumn 2006. Tickets to International Travel Programme, combining tickets and travel through Official Travel Agents, will also be available from January 2006.

So it looks like there won't be another release of tickets, I'd still register with Ticketmaster though, just in case.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

One thing to be aware of is the delivery fee, it is £11 per either match or ticket (I don't know which because I only tried to book tickets for myself).

I thought about going to Cardiff for the weekend when Wales are playing Australia on Saturday and Canada/Fiji on the Sunday. Even though I wanted to book matches at the same time to the same address the £11 was going to be charged twice!!!

This (coupled with the fact that Wales v Australia tickets were over £100!) meant I didn't bother.

But I think on the costings I got that it was going to cost £11 to deliver tickets for Canada v Fiji when the tickets themselves only cost £10!!!!
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

i almost got one for england v canada, then i went to pay on ticketmaster and the work pc crashed and i missed out cause someone else got it and it must have been the last one. was proper gutted!!
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!