England Squad

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Has anyone seen Chev Walker yet? i know he was a awsome league player but ive not seen him in action in union yet.
I am surprised at Sanderson, Kay, Cohen and Varndell being put in the Saxons. Olly Barkley i rate very very highly but since coming back from injury he does seem to be out of form.
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

Saw him at Bath on NY'S Day tbh he was not that impressive, he's big and quick but he dropped the one high ball he got under. He did not get much passed play but then he does play for Bath.

Maybe he'll get a few more passes with the Saxon's.
I RESOLVE TO BE NICER THIS YEAR !
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Sounds like he'll fit into the England team just fine then, ha ha.
I hate to be negative but what the hell has happened in 3 and a half years. Fingers crossed we get it together quickly.
SkippyTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by SkippyTiger »

Just out of interest does anyone know when Mat Stevens is expected back? We're really looking short of quality options at loosehead.

"Ashton added: “I am delighted to welcome back players like Richard Hill, Alex Brown and Matt Stevens to the EPS squad"

But he's not in either Squad? Just back for training?

Balshaw

:shock:

Can someone please explain how he can get picked for the 1st team squad... wouldn't even make my Saxons Squad, he's not been on form for years now.

Picking from that lot I'd have

1. Vickery (not convinced he's a loosehead but... who else?)
2. Chuter
3. White
4. Grewcock (I'd have Borthwick but he's in the Saxons)
5. Palmer
6. Moody
7. Lund
8. Ward-Smith
9. Richards
10. Geraghty (I'd have a fit Wilkinson, Goode or Lamb if I could :D at least Hodgson won't be playing)
11. Sackey (JSD.. no wait... Saxons :roll: )
12. Farrell (not on form... but if I can't put in Abbott or Allen who I felt they should have stuck with, then I'd play him now so we can see once and for all if he can hack it and the scots backrow even without White will be a good test. And lets face it.. who else is going to kick?)
13. Noon (gets alot of stick unfairly, mainly due to him being stuck at 12 by AR. Who else would play two players from the same club at 12 and 13 when they play 13 and 12 for their club?? Solid, good defense, good ball runner)
14. Robinson (I'd have JSD if I could... But I would like to see Robinson back in as a winger as he should be rather than seeing him taking a highball then either ticking it 20 yards or sidestepping 50 times before getting turned over. Just let him do what he does best.. get the ball on the wing and make his marker look stupid)
15. Lewsey (better than Balshaw... mainly just looks fed up of trying to carry the whole backline for the last 3 years)