Thomond Park Game Ticket Shambles

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Thomond Park Game Ticket Shambles

Post by simon redshaw »

To me, it is a shambles that season ticket holders are not sure whether we have any chance yet of getting a ticket for the away Heineken game at Thomond Park nor do we know when we will be told of the final situation.

Not only was the date of the game announced very late due to SKY's late schedules for the 5th and 6th Round of Pool games, but Munster have seemingly been very slow in informing Tigers of when the away allocation will be made available and making the tickets available.

I am not blaming the club for this, its the fault of the other parties, but this very late announcement of ticket arrangements is simply not good enough. It makes it very difficult for many people to plan such a weekend and book flights, hotels etc, unless they want to take a chance of watching the match in a pub. Personally, I don't see the point in that, as I could do that here, and spend much less money.

Something has to be done to improve the situation for away fans regarding ticket announcements and to enable them to plan better. :x :x :x :x
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

totally agree Simon, it seems the Munster lot have already got their tickets, did have weeks ago.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
CelticTiger

Post by CelticTiger »

I agree. Weekend flights are premium anyway and become increasingly so as the relevant time approaches. On the positive, Munster fans themselves have lost out their Magners League allocation for the match v Connacht because of similar delays in their structure. Munster are so sloooooowwwwwww!!!
If it's entertainment you want there's always the Opera House! (Munster Website post HC)
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

CelticTiger wrote: Munster are so sloooooowwwwwww!!!
Must. resist. derogatory. joke...

:wink: :lol:
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Simmo »

It's obviously designed to stop you going....that's why the place is so intimidating for the away team.....next to no away fans make it there!!
Simmo
glorob

Post by glorob »

Nik wrote:totally agree Simon, it seems the Munster lot have already got their tickets, did have weeks ago.
No one over here (Munster) has got tickets for the game either. I would think they are only being printed and you have the ERC/Sky to thank. Round 6 fixtures were confirmed sometime on 18th December. To the best of my knowledge our admin staff went on Christmas break on 21 December at lunchtime leaving little time for tickets to be printed and distributed.As far as I know the Munster Branch will not have tickets printed for a game until the date and time of the fixture are confirmed.

Ticketing and travel for rounds 5 and 6 are not travelling supporter friendly. Many of us purchased tickets for a game we thought was being played in Geneva on a Saturday (as per the ticket and suggestions from Bourgoin) only to be belatedly told the game was being played on a Sunday.

Hopefully a large contingent of you will make it over for the game
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

glorob I apologise but to the best of my knowledge I was informed that you're ticket allocation had already been sold and we 'tigers' were only being given 1900 tickets, which is pooh really considering there are over 2000 on the list.

we already booked to go weeks ago, Bristol to Shannon £25 return, they were the cheapest flights available.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Tigers are indeed only getting 1900 tickets as that is the 15% of capacity that the away club is entitled to. That won't change whether there is 1900, 2000 or 20000 people on the list!

Munster have probably allocated thir tickets already, or at least closed off their ballot applications but I don't think any of them have received tickets as yet.
Becca
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Becca »

There is no information on the Munster site about the tickets be sold over there as yet. I have a feeling that there not going to be given to Tigers untill a week befor the game. It's the sort of thing that could happen.
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

it's down to the Club to chase that Becca and try and prevent it from happening.
Lil'B

Post by Lil'B »

Calm down everyone, you'll end up having a heart attack! I called in at the ticket office at lunch time, they have had no tickets as yet.

Looks like I will get mine sent over to Limerick then! :lol: That is if I get one! :wink:

Bob
glorob

Post by glorob »

Nik wrote:glorob I apologise but to the best of my knowledge I was informed that you're ticket allocation had already been sold and we 'tigers' were only being given 1900 tickets, which is pooh really considering there are over 2000 on the list.

we already booked to go weeks ago, Bristol to Shannon £25 return, they were the cheapest flights available.
Apart from the 15% set aside for the away team all tickets for our home HEC games are basically allocated before the season kicks off so they are as you say effectively sold. None of those entitled to tickets have got them yet though.
If you think you have problems I reckon if the match could be played in Lansdowne Road which has a capacity of 48,000 it would sell out more or less immediately such is the demand for tickets for this match.I have a season ticket for Munster covering both our grounds, Musgrave Park in Cork and Thomond Pak in Limerick but I do not have an entitlement to a HEC ticket. I will however find one somehow.
Make sure you get a ticket and come over. I reckon it will be one of the great HEC games.
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

have to say glorob that we are coming with or without a ticket because like you I believe this match will be an absolute classic.
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

nobosy in muster have got tickets yet. they say they are all sold already because they are. like glorob said, munster tickets are allocated long before the tickets are printed. i hear the tickets are being printed in next week and then distributed ASAP. its the same every year.

i know its awful waiting and wondering Nik, but im sure you will get your ticket. and even if you dont, you will still have a fabulous weekend.
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!
mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

2 weeks ago, when they were due to come out, I found flights for 1p, a hotel and everything, no doubt that has all changed :( hopefully they'll sort it all out soon :(
Kellogs frosties, brings out the tiger in you!

http://Hannah-Fantastic.bebo.com