Crooked WRU let Williams off to save 6N hopes

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kuzza
Super User
Super User

Crooked WRU let Williams off to save 6N hopes

Post by kuzza »

They could've given him up to six-weeks for headbutting someone. They gave his team mate four weeks for a similar offence only this season. He received two yellow cards in his previous two games before being red carded for the head butt, but it's out of character for Williams so they let him off with a three week ban.

That means he can play a game against Bougoin and then hit the 6N with a nice, easy confidence building game under his belt. What a coincidence.

http://tinyurl.com/y6g4sd
Osprey in Leicester
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Crooked WRU let Williams off to save 6N hopes

Post by Osprey in Leicester »

kuzza wrote:They could've given him up to six-weeks for headbutting someone. They gave his team mate four weeks for a similar offence only this season. He received two yellow cards in his previous two games before being red carded for the head butt, but it's out of character for Williams so they let him off with a three week ban.

That means he can play a game against Bougoin and then hit the 6N with a nice, easy confidence building game under his belt. What a coincidence.

So your saying the IRU have never done it ! what about when Moody got sent off twice within a few weeks and then only got a 9 week ban for battering his own teamate conveiniently allowing him to play in the six nations.

http://tinyurl.com/vzvvl

Im glad the WRU have seen sense and cottoned on to what the IRU and the Irish do year in year out and thats make sure the best team takes the pitch.

And for the record also its 4 weeks because Cardiff banned him for the game against Newport on the 27th.
kuzza
Super User
Super User

Post by kuzza »

Knew I could bag a Welshman with that post :twisted:

BTW, Wales please note that I shall be arriving on New Year's Eve and will be bringing with all the usual banter, alcohol and merriment. :)
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Nowt like a spot of Forum fishing first thing in the morning.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
kuzza
Super User
Super User

Post by kuzza »

I'll get you one day Pam, you're the prize catch! :wink:
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Forum baiting aside, the whole Williams, Moody etc thing does show that we need any disciplinary process to be outside of the home unions. Too many vested interests, and there will always be accusations of a 'fix'.

Cardiff have learnt from Leicester how to manage the system (unlike the Ospreys :wink: )

Let's have a truly independent process.
kuzza
Super User
Super User

Post by kuzza »

Daily, please don't drag this into being s erious thread.

But, if you must, then I agree with an independent, IRB run disciplinary scheme.
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

kuzza wrote:Daily, please don't drag this into being s erious thread.

But, if you must, then I agree with an independent, IRB run disciplinary scheme.
So that the SH get shorter bans than the NH?
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

kuzza wrote:Daily, please don't drag this into being s erious thread.
Sorry kuzza :oops:

I think he should have got 6 months, followed by chemical castration. I think that would strike the right balance between fairness and justice.
kuzza
Super User
Super User

Post by kuzza »

Thank you :lol:
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Re: Crooked WRU let Williams off to save 6N hopes

Post by kornboy130 »

Osprey in Leicester wrote:
kuzza wrote:They could've given him up to six-weeks for headbutting someone. They gave his team mate four weeks for a similar offence only this season. He received two yellow cards in his previous two games before being red carded for the head butt, but it's out of character for Williams so they let him off with a three week ban.

So your saying the IRU have never done it ! what about when Moody got sent off twice within a few weeks and then only got a 9 week ban for battering his own teamate conveiniently allowing him to play in the six nations.

http://tinyurl.com/vzvvl

Im glad the WRU have seen sense and cottoned on to what the IRU and the Irish do year in year out and thats make sure the best team takes the pitch.

And for the record also its 4 weeks because Cardiff banned him for the game against Newport on the 27th.
it was not moody who was the agressor, whereas williams was - but yes you are right, its all crooked.
Osprey in Leicester
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Osprey in Leicester »

kuzza wrote:Knew I could bag a Welshman with that post :twisted:

BTW, Wales please note that I shall be arriving on New Year's Eve and will be bringing with all the usual banter, alcohol and merriment. :)
Im pretty sure your post was serious but when presented with the facts on Moody you could only back track, good go at trolling though.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

You should let him play, but only if he is tied 3 legged race style to whoever it was he headbutted.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".