Munster v Leinster today

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

apologies, but i wasnt at the match, so i wasnt aware of any of the chants munster were singing. i did say in one of my posts that both sets of fans were involved in the new derogotory slanging matches though.
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!
blaker
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by blaker »

Nah Orla I wasn't getting after you, just throwing in a bit of balance!
Somebody mentioned that the Munster/Leinster thing is bigger than any particular English rivalry. I don't know if thats the case (I'm sure only the Paddies will agree!) but thats probably down to the fact that theres only really 3 teams in Ireland and we seem to trip over each other an awful lot in the course of the year. Theres obviously other more importatnt reason going back in the years but its probably a bit dull to get into that here!
Funnily at the time of the HC final last year, during the game most Leinster fans were up for Munster. Obviously if you had lost we would have mocked fairly hard (as you would us) but theres a healthy respect and acknowledgement deep down in both sets of supporters really.
As a matter of interest what did people think of Sexton? I was in the same school as him (he got a DG in the very late stages of the SCT final when still in 4th year to win the game) so I'm not that objective but I felt it was a fairly solid promising debut. Not the second coming of Carter or anything but very promising?
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

it absolutely kills me when people mention the SCT. ha ha, i didnt go to a rugby school, so i find the whole thing very amusing.

anyway, yes i would agree that the rivalry between the provinces is anyhwere near as huge as between england. but at the same time, i feel its unrequited rivalry. england dont care half as much as we do. leinster munster is all good fun in my eyes, but with england there is an underlying animosity. i love when they lose!! i would go for leinster in heineken cup final, didnt go for england in world cup final. just how it is im afraid!

European Champions 2006!
blaker
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by blaker »

No I'd agree the SCT thing gets a bit ridiculous. I just mentioned it to give an idea of his background. Its gas to see guys aged 27/28 in clubs banging on about how they won "the S". Some guys just cant get over it and end up still living at home and getting fairly pathetic. Bit of a Fonzie syndrome, still hanging with schoolkids and talking about how great they were when they're 30!

I actually misunderstood the English rivalry comment. I though it meant rivalries between 2 English clubs rather than between Ireland and England. I agree with you Orla, there is more joy in seeing England lose than Munster!
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

i even think its ridiculous when guys are in college spouting about "the s"

sweetest feeling will be beating england in croke park this year.

European Champions 2006!
blaker
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by blaker »

Did you catch Ollie Campbell's commenst in the papers a few weeks back?
Something along the lines of "In 2007 I hope we finally get proof of boths God's existence and his sense of humor when, at the end of the Ireland-England match in Croke Park, we look up to the scoreboard and it reads Ireland 19 - England 16".
Genius! :D
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

that is pretty amusing alright.

European Champions 2006!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

blaker wrote:As a matter of interest what did people think of Sexton?
A quite composed debut, IMO. Not really a threat to run, but good distribution. He did miss an early tackle, which isn't perhaps a surprise.

Overall ... encouraging.
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

orla - mumha abú! wrote:ive passed through the ranks of street fighting in cork city. bet wisely!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Classy talk!! Now Ulster J's fantasies will be blown away :wink: :wink:
Leinster Heineken Cup champions 2009
Ireland Grand Slam champions 2009

http://sites.google.com/site/ritamarielawlor/
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

ha ha, very classy talk indeed!! sure im a classy bird. ha ha.

European Champions 2006!
ulster_jamesie

Post by ulster_jamesie »

stick to mud wrestling please ladies... or baby oil as an alternative maybe? :roll:
CelticTiger

Post by CelticTiger »

MunsterHQ wrote:BTW - did anyone see O'Dris stamping on Dowling with about 10 mins to go??
No, but I did see Jowitt rake and stamp on him. Presume you're a good London copper, eh MunsterHQ????
If it's entertainment you want there's always the Opera House! (Munster Website post HC)
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

ulster_jamesie wrote:stick to mud wrestling please ladies... or baby oil as an alternative maybe? :roll:

Or creamed corn?

I mean, what else would you do with it? Not eat it, that's for sure.
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

When i made the thread, my main point was what are the Tigers going to do in TP in january ?

the idiot leinster fans statement was just a sidebar conversation.

although just for Blaker and some munster banter lets all sing along to this gem !!

To the tune of Dads Army -)

Who do you think your kiddinG mR o DRISCOLL
IF you think Munster are done !

We are ones that will stop your little ladyboy game
We are the ones that beat you 30-6 in shame

So who do you think your kiding mr o driscoll

IF YOU THINK MUNSTER ARE DONE !!!!!!!!
Shedman is gone. Shedman is gone
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

i like it shedman, i like it.

back to main point of thread then.. i think tigers are in big trouble when they travel to TP. i hope they dont make light of the atmosphere, fans and record. its a huge part of preparing for any game against munster. i hope they actually do come and give us a run for our money, but we will still win.

European Champions 2006!