where was our back line ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

Not attacking g over anything, just pointing out that they never seem to be happy with a result.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

We can agree on many things, dailywaffle - the match had bad moments, but it also had some good ones - credit to Irish for their defence when we got so near their line many times.

I'd just like to say though that it's actually quite upsetting, not to mention annoying, to have the continual implications that Iain and myself are "club spokesmen" or that the opinions we express are not our own. Everyone should know by now that we do this voluntarily, that 99.9% of decisions are made by us - often with discussion between the two of us - and only rarely do the Club contact us and ask for something to be changed or removed (the Webmaster and Admin and the Press office can do that themselves anyway).

For the record and to clarify - it's not the club saying or telling me what to post here , it's me, myself, personally. And the same goes for Iain.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Rizzo

I know that Iain and you are not club spokespeople. I thought that my use of the :wink: would have illustrated that.

I am sorry if I have upset you, and am happy to acknowledge that your views are your own. :D
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Its all "ifs and buts" after a game isn't it !! - if Goode had kicked his kicks....if this, if that !! Some people are obviously happy with 2 points (like me) and some think that we should have taken 5 and walked all over Irish. Yes, we should have won - but we didn't - we should have won against Munster at home, but the knock-on from O'Gara wasn't seen. That is the way the game goes, it doesn't make us any more amibitious than any other club. We set our standards so high at Tigers (quite rightly given our history and standing in rugby in this country), but we have to take a step back every now and then. We have to get into the Top 4 by the end of the season to have a chance of getting to the Premiership final. We're in that position at the moment so what is the problem ? Chill !! There is no way that Saracens or anybody will beat us at home this season (in the Guinness premiership).
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

as we've all realised.... you only have to finish in the top 4 (essentially the top 2 for home draw) so we are still firmly in the running and alessana kept us in it... shame about tha dodgy centre pairing, should have been cornwell and smith, would have helped us a bit.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Very, very disapponting result for me given that we dominated much of the game. We should have won that game without any doubt.

Biggest problem, as many have indicated, is the lack of anything special in midfield. I think changing all 15 players was just too much and I just could not understand why Hipkiss or Lloyd were not at least on the bench as I am not aware of any injuries to either.

Tom Youngs will not make the grade in the GP in my opinion, he is too small and slow. Ollie was well of the pace, but this was to be expected and to play the two together in this match was just silly.

Not impressed with Buckland either and his stupid penalty that gifted them a try at a vital time.
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

Tom Youngs? Too small?!?

PMSL!

The guy is a rock! Just cos he is 6" 6" and 19 stone, doesn't make him small, and small does not equal weak.
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

His old man was not that big either but boy did he have some power and that bullet pass that could go half the width of the field. A Great Tiger. Good luck Tom hope your better soon. What is it about some peopel on this ssite. The lad was playing his first Prem game you cant right him off at that point.It takes time to develop pace/power/ skill/ awarness it dont grow on trees.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

So he's 6' 6" and 19 stone so who was the little fella then?

Anyway what the heck does PMSL mean to the unitiated?

I stand by my comments but I'd be happy for him to prove me wrong.
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

Same i is most weeks not quite good enough. Very hard and industrious but not enough class, skill or pacee in the right place.
Gibbo although fading slighly glues us together we ahve to get a world class creative 12 soon.

Humphries needs to play 10. G Murphy 15 and Bemand 9 and we wwould see some improvement.
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

gkbradley wrote:So he's 6' 6" and 19 stone so who was the little fella then?

Anyway what the heck does PMSL mean to the unitiated?

I stand by my comments but I'd be happy for him to prove me wrong.
Sorry, meant isn't. I'm on seriously strong painkillers at the mo, and my fingers don't always do what the brain tells them.

PMSL is peeing myself laughing.
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

I've not read the last page and a half because I was getting the gist of it.

Guys... calm down. There are some things to remember;

1. 15 changes to the XV that demolished Bristol - not because of arrogance,but because a top flight rugby match takes, on average, 4.5 days to recover from. Teams who put out strong teams for both Xmas matches were risking injuries.

2. We got 2 points - the same as we got drawing against Glaws.

3. We don't have to win every game - the rules are that 2nd is as good as 1st and anywhere in the top 4 is fine... as long as you have a squad stong enough to be at your best at the tail-end of the season.

4. London Irish... away... 15 changes... and we put up 4 tries, they got a LOT of fortunate calls (both of their first two tries should have been disallowed - the obstruction on the first and the ref was playing advantage to Leicester when they won the turnover to get the second), our kicker missed 5 shots at goal... and we only lost by a point.

It was a disappointing result, but the performance from a team that was completely changed from the last match was, at times, excellent. Especially the forwards.

Quite clearly, we have a far, far stronger squad than any of our rivals. None of the rest of them could have put up two different XVs that both put up such strong performances. And this without Gibson, too. And Henry T.
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

<< Tom Youngs will not make the grade in the GP in my opinion, he is too small and slow. >>

Yes.. I too think it's best to judge a player's career on a first showing at the age of 19....
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

4071 wrote:<< Tom Youngs will not make the grade in the GP in my opinion, he is too small and slow. >>

Yes.. I too think it's best to judge a player's career on a first showing at the age of 19....
Especially when he broke his leg 5 minutes in, but carried on playing for 10 minutes.
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

A real man would have played the full 80minutes... and then would have gone on to win Celebrity Come Dancing...

Tom Youngs? He'll never make it in the GP...