TIGERS v BRISTOL

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

Leicester Tigers top of the Guinmess Premiership for Christmas with a crushing 43 - 15 win over leaders Bristol in a fantastic display at Welford Road tonight. A bonus point in the bag after the break with that man Varndell scoring it and Shane Jennings with a Man of the Match performance. When was the last time Leicester scored 100 points in two home games? Well done guys and with Sale and Wasps losing tonight, it is looking good for the festive period.
What a fantastic Christmas present. Thank you guys.

LEICESTER TIGERS

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by tigermad on Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Philip J Gray
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

A good result, and with Gloucester not playing the Tigers go top ahead of Bristol.

There's now a bit of a gap between Glaws in 3rd and tonights losers, Wasps and Sale, in 4th and 5th.

This scheduling is hard on Bristol, though. They have a small squad and didn't even bother turning up for this. And that's not even metaphorically speaking - their first team DIDN'T actually turn up - they were resting.
wellbutthatcouldbe

Re: Question, guys:

Post by wellbutthatcouldbe »

Outlander wrote:In the Premiership, is there a bonus point to be had for winning by more than a certain margin?
It's four points for a win plus a bonus point for scoring four tries or more. You can also get one point for losing by seven points or less.

I'm not sure if you get TWO bonus points for scoring four tries but losing by seven points or less. That would need a pretty high scoring game though!
mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

WELL DONE TIGERSS!!!!!!!!

heard Mudd's Tiger Feet this morning on Radio 1, so I was like ooh a good omen!! Just hope they can pull off an equally impressing win at Lirish.... and stay on top of the table!

Apparrently the only top 6 team to have won??
Kellogs frosties, brings out the tiger in you!

http://Hannah-Fantastic.bebo.com
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

Good to hear! Well done you Tigers!
When do Gloucester play the Falcons? Will Tigers be top on Christmas day?
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
Tigerama
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Tigerama »

Top for christmas!

now there is something to smile about :D :D :D
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Re: Question, guys:

Post by dailywaffle »

wellbutthatcouldbe wrote:
Outlander wrote:In the Premiership, is there a bonus point to be had for winning by more than a certain margin?
It's four points for a win plus a bonus point for scoring four tries or more. You can also get one point for losing by seven points or less.

I'm not sure if you get TWO bonus points for scoring four tries but losing by seven points or less. That would need a pretty high scoring game though!
Yes, you can get two BPs in the above scenario.

A draw with 4 tries would give you 3 points .... although I have no idea if that has ever happened !
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

The scoring 4 tries and losing by less than 7 thing has always bugged. It happens a lot in S14 rugby. For a while, it used to happen weekly that at least one team would score 4 tries and lose.

In fact, the whole try bonus thing annoys me.

It was brought in by the SH to make S12 more exciting, but very often it means that S12/14 teams who have been thumped by 30-odd points still get a BP because the team who has beaten them take their foot off the pedal, and the losing side go all out for tries.

That's fine if you like entertainment, but in the same week in S12 I've seen a team fight tooth and nail for 80 minutes in a tight game, scoring 3 tries and conceding a late try to lose by 8 (so getting 0 points) and another team beaten by half-time coming out in the second half, throwing the ball around with nothing to lose, conceding another hatful of tris, but getting 4 themselves. They end up losing by 30-40 and getting a BP.
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

Its great to see tigers back in top spot :lol:
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Firstly, decided to set off at 4pm, on the A46 on the way up, couldn't see a thing (about 30m visibility) and to be honest, was expecting to get to Tigers and it being off. Went to Morrisons for a bite to eat and then set off, even when we got to the ground the mist was descending. But it cleared up nicely and it was like any normal winter evening game - which brings me onto the rugby - FANTASTIC !! We are really on fire at the moment, ok, it was Bristols 2XV but you play whats in front of you. Jennings and Crane had blinding games, Crane will be as good if not better than Corry I think - Jennings is as consistent as Backy was. I must mention Dan Hipkiss, who really is in top form at the moment and it will be difficult for Ollie to get back in I reckon. Forward superb again, led by the excellent Leo Cullen. Great tries, great night....Happy Christmas !!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Bristol head coach Richard Hill on fielding a weakened team after resting key players: "I can't say that was my worst nightmare because I expected that to happen."

What signal does this send out to the squad ? Clearly, he must believe Bristol's position to be a false one and that they are not genuine contenders. He obviously felt that he had no chance to put down a real marker at Welford Road last night ...... and now the players know it. Poor management, IMO.