Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

England Just Want To Be Wales

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

http://www.tiny.cc/lKsVQ

So england are going to play in red next year.

Just proves what we welsh knew all along; that the english wish they were welsh.

Now lets wait for the flak. Good job I'm back across the border tomorrow.
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
Hairy Egg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Hairy Egg »

Our sheep are already nervous!! :wink:
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

C-Osp....best joke I've heard all year....England will NEVER want to be Wales !
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Having Welsh and English blood, I've got a red and a white jersey - and also a red six nations one with all the badges.

The English don't want to be Welsh any more than the Welsh want to be English!

(...and since this thread has the potential to explode into the usual ranting and abuse and insults, be warned it's being closely monitored and anything remotely insulting to either side will be squashed :) )
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

well as shown in a CNN map the other day wales is england.... so technically speaking we are just doing what is actually ours... :lol: :lol:

i'd rather be french than welsh... :lol: :lol:
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

getting back to the original post, re the change of strip, do they seriously think that a change of kit will either change fortunes on the pitch or attract £ thousands of income?

I don't know about anyone else but I doubt very much if I will be buying one.

I really dislike the way we are aping the roundyball game and chasing the money.

The flaw in my argument is that I have got the latest Tigers kit but that's different - they're my club. I'm not going to back the RFU with my hard earned income.
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

I certainly didn't intend this to be an anti-english thread.

My tongue was planted very firmly in my cheek when I said that the english rugby team wanted to be welsh.

Apologies to anyone who's taken offence at this one, as none was intended.

It will be unusual to see england play in red, I always thought their change colour was blue. But this is just probably down to comercial agreements. Wales's change colour at the moment is grey, or 'steel' if you listen to the WRU & reebok.

Anyway Merry Christmas to one all and peace and goodwill to all rugby whatever club you support & whatever your country of birth. Just as it should be
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Caerlyr Osprey wrote:I certainly didn't intend this to be an anti-english thread.

My tongue was planted very firmly in my cheek when I said that the english rugby team wanted to be welsh.

It will be unusual to see england play in red, I always thought their change colour was blue. But this is just probably down to comercial agreements. Wales's change colour at the moment is grey, or 'steel' if you listen to the WRU & reebok.

Anyway Merry Christmas to one all and peace and goodwill to all rugby whatever club you support & whatever your country of birth. Just as it should be
I know you didn't intend offence, CO - but you know how there are some people who are rabidly pro-their own side on here, so I thought I'd be strict before anything started off :D No problem with the thread or title.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

Caerlyr Osprey wrote:I certainly didn't intend this to be an anti-english thread.

personally no offence taken.... just like to say offa's dyke is just not deep or long enough.. :lol: :lol:

i think what they are doing is having two chnage kits so we get white/red blue/red red/white its more of an attempt to be a money spinner... red don't go to well with me eyes apart from after a good old session... i actually own quite a few shirts... not just tigers i have wasps, irish, stourbridge, quins... and a couple of england shirts... even a oz rugby league one... the only ones i wont wear are other international sides.... i just feel comfortable in a rugby shirt and they are durable... and practical
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
banbury tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by banbury tiger »

to tell the truth if i wasn't English i'd want to be Welsh ! and also if England took a few lessons (especially about Rugby) from the Welsh it wouldnt be to bad. But By no means do the English want to be Welsh.
Tigers forever ! Tuilagi Rules!!
Get well soon Hazza.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leicester_Tigers
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Re: England Just Want To Be Wales

Post by kornboy130 »

Caerlyr Osprey wrote:http://www.tiny.cc/lKsVQ

So england are going to play in red next year.

Just proves what we welsh knew all along; that the english wish they were welsh.

Now lets wait for the flak. Good job I'm back across the border tomorrow.
wind upo merchant of the year. - well played.
kuzza
Super User
Super User

Post by kuzza »

I'd love England to be more like Wales. I mean, imagine if after every game, whether we won or lost on points, we'd always be able to walk away with our heads held high safe in the knowledge of recording another moral victory!
breezer

Post by breezer »

at the moment England are more akin to Canada than Wales in playing level - so I think the RFU would take that option of being more like Wales!
Always yield to temptation, It may never pass your way again!
Hairy Egg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Hairy Egg »

breezer wrote:at the moment England are more akin to Canada than Wales in playing level - so I think the RFU would take that option of being more like Wales!
That may be so, but may I remind you that Wales are one of the few teams who didn't actually beat England this year - in fact didn't we wallop them 47-13 in one of our poorest six nation competitions ever?? :twisted:

I'll stick with England for now thanks... :wink:
fferm buttocks

Post by fferm buttocks »

Efallai dy fod ti'n iawn, Caerlyr. * May be your right, Caerlyr.
Captain Martin Corry rules ok