Weather

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

shareholder
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by shareholder »

ref for tonight if playd is spreeders if he gets here from Bristol he may i suppose travel with the team so long as he does not say "our ball" he can be as bad as ever.
old fart
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

Rizzo wrote:ref tonight is Spreaders - from Bristol. TJs are Hughes and Goodliffe I'm told.
Thanks for that Rizzo - couldn't find it on any of the ususal websites.

If the game is called off, maybe Mr Spreadbury could entertain the crowd by talking at us for 80 minutes plus stoppage time with a 15 minute interval after 40 minutes. It's what he does when he's reffing a game.
It could be entitled 'Why I Talk So Much During a Game'.
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

as Barnes once observed "Be thankful you're not Mrs Spreadbury, she has to live with it!"
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

:lol: Spreaders is wicked
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Update on the fog situation please ? Looking at setting off in an hour from here in Gloucester. The fog has lifted here and its pretty good visibility.
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

same here, need to leave by 5ish....
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
gman

Post by gman »

Think it's OK - I called gwoman at 1440hrs. She works at the Infirmary and was crossing Walnut Street where the post office is and could see the traffic lights on Welford Road reasonably clearly - must be over 100m visibility so if it stays like this you'll be fine.

Just as well, I've a feeling Santa's going to be dropping a bonus point for us when he passes over!
breezer

Post by breezer »

am about a 20 mins walk fromn the ground and looking out of my window it hasn't got worse or improved all day.....can see about 80m i guess......
Always yield to temptation, It may never pass your way again!
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Cheers guys, the thermals are out, with the the scarf, hat and Tigers jacket....my son is excited and we'll make a decision at 1545 - precisely !
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Who chooses who refs which game? I mean really, what bright spark chooses a ref from Bristol to ref errr a Bristol game?

You can all kiss goodbye to a Tigers win tonight then.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

my mother has just phoned having been down Regent Road and said the fog was really bad.

(you can tell it's the last day of work - I'm sitting here with the web site open, scrolling through the message board and re-watching all the video clips!)
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Not sure whether to go or not !! Want to go but if its going to be called off - not worth a bad journey.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

in the city centre it's getting dark and the fog is beginning to descend again. I'm keeping fingers crossed that the game goes ahead - not only for all our long-distance travelling fans - but cos I could have gone home an hour ago and thought it easier to stay in work until 5 and change here, then head straight to Welford Road.

I hope they decide sooner rather than later.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

There's a traffic webcam on Aylestone Road / Raw Dykes Road, I clicked on and noticed that it's sunny, then I noticed it hadn't been refreshed since May!

The BBC website states that there are issues with fog at Bath, Gloucester and Worcester and these matches are in doubt but that there were no issues with the other 3 matches and that was timed at 10.30 this morning, so can only presume that the "warning" message on our website was put on earlier than that and there are no problems now.

Having said that I live in Enderby and it's pretty awful here and when I arrived home about 15 minutes ago my neighbour told me it's been getting worse since lunchtime.