Weather

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerTimmy

Post by TigerTimmy »

I've booked half a day off work so I can travel up from Woking for tonights game. Hope it goes ahead.
www.myspace.com/polarbeauty (Random electronic doodlings)
Tom_Naz the Tiger

Post by Tom_Naz the Tiger »

I really hope its on. Got to get on the train at 3 as need to do some shopping in the City Centre first.

I dont think tonight will help my cold lol - did someone say its supposed to be 0 degrees tonight??
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

Hi again guys i've just spoken to Paul Hayes and he tells me that it's not down to the Club whether the match is postponed or not it's down to the ref and no decision will be made until it's dark.

We'll set off around lunch time and just drop off the family pressies and then get to the ground around 17:30 hrs I reckon, if it's called off it's called off.

SAFE JOURNEY FELLOW TRAVELLERS.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Nik wrote:Hi again guys i've just spoken to Paul Hayes and he tells me that it's not down to the Club whether the match is postponed or not it's down to the ref and no decision will be made until it's dark.

We'll set off around lunch time and just drop off the family pressies and then get to the ground around 17:30 hrs I reckon, if it's called off it's called off.

SAFE JOURNEY FELLOW TRAVELLERS.
Thanks Nik for posting that - very helpful :D

Forecast on Met Office site is saying down to -2C tonight with fog descending in patches. Netweather says much the same.
Let's hope one of the lesser-foggy patches is over Welford Road!

Wrap up warm, drive/travel safely everyone!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I live only about 20 minute walk from the ground and I'm afraid its looking very foggy even now. Last night you could barely see about 50 metres across Victoria Park, driving back from Hinckley was incrediby treacherous and dangerous. If its anything like that tonight my money would be on the game being postponed. Fingers crossed for all of you making a long journey to get here.
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

Any update re weather from those currently in Leicester - is it still really foggy?
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
shoppers
Tiger Cub

Post by shoppers »

I'm sitting in my office at De Montfort Uni and I can't see the LRI which is only 150 yards or so away, maybe 200. So its definately more dense than yesterday.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

from the homepage

In response to the number of calls to the club this morning regarding the potential threat that the foggy weather poses to this evening’s Guinness Premiership match between Leicester Tigers and Bristol Rugby at Welford Road (kick-off 7.45pm): No decision has been taken to postpone the game at this stage. If it is decided later in the day that the game is under threat or is postponed, that news will be posted IMMEDIATELY on this website.

I'm just about to make this a sticky announcement.
Demelza - another Mother
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

doesn't seem to be worrying to many apart for the west country games
http://tinyurl.com/st76u
mind you they have only just got electricty anyway :lol: :lol:

duck and move duck and move
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Still not too flash looking out of my bedroom window. It wasn't this foggy in the day yesterday. Please note on the homepage a statement from the club saying any information on the weather will be posted on the website IMMEDIATELY.
I still have my doubts as to whether it will be played. I am very glad I am not travelling a distance to get there. That said if its any consolation I am going to see Liverpool play tomorrow and am concerned about that one!
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

My office overlooks Mandela Park & Welford Rd and you've not been able see either of them all morning.

I've just come back from lunch and the centre of town is clear, once your off New Walk but it doesn't look too good for tonight.

The cynical part of me thinks that they'll open the gates, let everyone in so they can spend some money in the bars and shops and then call the match off 15 minutes before kick off so we'll troop back to the bars to drown our sorrows as we've no game to watch. Wonder if the televised match will go ahead? But its Christmas so I won't be cynical.

Anybody know who the ref is tonight? Maybe he'll get stuck in traffice or lost in the fog.
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

the BBC web site is saying that there will be inspections at Bath, Glucester and Worcester but our game and the others remain unaffected. All we can do is wait and see (or not see if the fog is that bad).
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

ref tonight is Spreaders - from Bristol. TJs are Hughes and Goodliffe I'm told.
Demelza - another Mother