video clips

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

video clips

Post by CJ »

can't see another thread on this so here goes.

the new video clips available on the site - superb. great service and thanks for providing them.

have just watched the TV try against Irish again and again. and the clips from the Bourgoin match are gratefully received as I couldn't make it over there.

many thanks to all involved - keep up the good work.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

id like to add my thanks, great serice - cheers
Angelo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Angelo »

i watched so many times Varndell's try against London Irish. Really that poor L.I.fullback had his problems returning to the dressroom...a real TV show try...
Oh, and Varndell is a superb athlete, of course. Give to Cesar what to Cesar belongs....
Maybe one day i'll see Castro's try also, i hope ^^
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Yeah, I'm really impressed with this new service. Well done Tigers.
Tom Tom
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tom Tom »

To all you pooter xpurts!
What am I doing wrong please?
I can only get each clip to play for about 5 seconds and then its a series of about 6 still shots.
I'm apparently using Windows XP and wireless Broadband with an 'excellent signal.
Please advise me what to do (politely!)
lez

Post by lez »

It would be nice if they could put the Louis Deacon try from last year against Strade, that was a awsome try from a second row! again good work on this site we done. :wink:
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

I came on just now to specifically thank you guys at Tigers for the new video clip service. Just seen it - just appreciating the tries again.

I used to have a couple of tries downloaded from sources like youtube, but this is a much better service.

Any other tries you can dig up would also be appreciated. Sometimes I have difficulty persuading people who don't have Sky just how good Tigers can be (especially Varndell, who has a very poor reputation after the Aussie games), but now I can show them.

Good show, Tiger-fellahs.
Rlinksteve
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Rlinksteve »

The London Irish full back who let Tom Varndell in for the try was none other than Michael Horak, aformer Leicester Tiger!!!!!!!
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

and hence while he isnt a tiger anymore. glad to see him leave - but somone we should have kept was pez, look how good he is now.
mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

where are they??
Kellogs frosties, brings out the tiger in you!

http://Hannah-Fantastic.bebo.com
Angelo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Angelo »

Pez? Ramiro Pez? if you talk about him he's in France now, don't know wich team, and he starts from the bench....after the match Italy vs. Argentina lost even his starting fly-half position for Azzurri (not a good game from him,too overconfident and a little hegoistic, and no good attack choices). But i', sure he will come back for six nations
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

There was a very good reason why we let go of Ramiro Pez. He was, with the possible exception of Ken Fourie, THE worst player I have seen play for Tigers. I hate to be this harsh but his kicking from hand was woeful, his place kicking at the time was far from succesful and he looked indecisive when receiving the ball. So poor were his performances that he wasn't even making the Development team in the end, and was being paid a fortune to do so. At the time he was hopelessly out of his depth. Yes he appears to have improved now for Italy but a) not as much as people are championing and b) This is all coming a good 4 years after we released him.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

mrsmoody wrote:where are they??
if you mean where are the videoclips, they're on the supporters link at the top of this page, click that and then scroll down and you'll see the page link there. Also via the homepage.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

yeah i saw the bit on the homepage earlier, thanks anyway!
Kellogs frosties, brings out the tiger in you!

http://Hannah-Fantastic.bebo.com
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Ramiro Pez and Ken Fourie worst players ever to play for Tigers, aren't you being a bit harsh?

I believe Pez was at Perpignan last year don't know where he is this, I remember him having a reasonable game against Wasps once.

Ken Fourie, I'd like to defend but can't, I remember his less than efficient scrummaging and nothing else.. Was it him that was absolutely mullered in the scrum against Stade Francais by Peter deVilliers in about 1999? No disgrace in that, deVilliers was top drawer, but also remember him being not too hot at Northampton can't bring myself to compliment the Saints scrum so Fourie must have been poor.

I recall him going to Cardiff where the Scrum V commentators used to abuse his ability, but where now I know not.

There must have been some worse players mustn't there?