video clips

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

Yes, Pez is good now, but it is not harsh to say he was dreadful. He makes Burke (on current form) look like a rugby genius.
Angelo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Angelo »

Pez is good when he wants. And he must convict himself he's Pez, not Dominguez (there was only one Diego Dominguez, of course). Otherwise, he could start from the bench for next 6n and RWC, his place taken by Scanavacca (Calvisano fly-half)
Sherpa2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sherpa2 »

Angelo wrote:Pez is good when he wants. And he must convict himself he's Pez, not Dominguez (there was only one Diego Dominguez, of course). Otherwise, he could start from the bench for next 6n and RWC, his place taken by Scanavacca (Calvisano fly-half)
Angelo, this has to be your funniest language slip given you are a lawyer, I think you meant 'convince' - a 'convict' is a criminal or what is done to criminals by judges :D

No critiscm intended, as Kenny Everett would say - 'all in the best possible taste'.
I used to be indecisive now I just can't make up my mind
Angelo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Angelo »

oooops....thanks! I said for the first time...excuse me for my bad english....wait i'm triyng to correct
Pez must CONVINCE himself he's not Dominguez
Right?
If i make mistakes, anyone of you please tell me. I want to improve my poor English.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I agree with what unohoo said about Pez making Burke look a genius-

Paul Burkes the worst I've ever seen at Welford Road!
Sherpa2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sherpa2 »

Angelo wrote:oooops....thanks! I said for the first time...excuse me for my bad english....wait i'm triyng to correct
Pez must CONVINCE himself he's not Dominguez
Right?
If i make mistakes, anyone of you please tell me. I want to improve my poor English.
I certainly have no room to criticise your English Angelo, I can only manage English and Rubbish :)

Should be 'what' though instead on 'wait' :)
I used to be indecisive now I just can't make up my mind
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

Pez has always been a front-foot player. Had Leicester been more dominant up front with him in the side, his running game would have been a real winner.

Sadly, his Tigers career largely coincided with the World Cup, when Leicester had 8 forwards missing. As such, he played a lot of rugby on the back foot and kept falling apart under pressure - his kicking and defending were awful. Still are, in fact.

Pez was not the worst Tiger to pull on the jersey - but he certainly was the wrong player at the wrong time.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

So no dissention about Ken Fourie being less than excellent then!

A prop who couldn't scrummage, magic!