HAS CORRY COST US QUALIFICATION?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

thats a ... bonus point [lost] because of indiscipline

Not really. Even with 15 men Leicester never looked like scoring a try in the second half. They didn't have the opportunities. There was nothing to suggest that had Leicester been disciplined and kept a full complement of players, then they would have secured the bonus point.
BiggieP

So near yet so far

Post by BiggieP »

From my perspective I was on cloud 9 at halftime in the Bourgoin game. We had our stars back and for the first time in ages I felt I was seeing the Tigers 'A' game. By this I mean - the first choice players peforming better as a unit than the sum of the individual performances. With the disjointed nature of the season and the brutal attrition rate amongst players it is clearly very difficult for a club to build the levels of teamwork and co-ordination needed to play a tactically complex game.
In the first half the Tigers did it and I was just so optimistic that it would continue for 80 minutes that it came as a bitter disapointment that the game spluttered in the second half. I can therefore understand people wanting to vent that frustration a bit, after all, to be frustrated you have to care.
The bigger picture is that, the first half performance gives the Tigers a solid standard to work from. The team should take confidence from seeing what they are capable of and use it as a benchmark for games to come. With a bit of luck and a few more performances like the first half then the incidence of critical posts will take a dive.
Liamsdad
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Liamsdad »

[quote="Nabuk"]Well I guess that was the sort of response I expected.

I really do feel sad for some of you "blind devotion" IS NOT the same as being a true supporter.

Not blind devotion just being practical. 3 players were carded so to select Corry as the only person in the title of the post is unfair. Has the inability to gain a bonus point cost us qualification -possibly we will not know until after the return games with Bourgoin and Cardiff at Welford Rd. Remember these are both teams probably not going to qualify and likely to be less motivated than Tigers WHO STILL CAN.

The reasoning behind your thread is possibly correct but at the moment the timing isn't
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Re: HAS CORRY COST US QUALIFICATION?

Post by kornboy130 »

Nabuk wrote:I do not believe it! we needed 1 simple try for a 5 point win. What does CORRY do? Gets himself yellow carded unbelievable :evil: :evil:

Then we lose 2 more to yellows.

Well serve us right if we do not get through that was simply pathetic.
what is your hatred for corry? you say he should'nt be england captain, he cost us this he cost us that, just shut up and accept he's one of the best we've got. cretin.
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

kornboy130 wrote:
Nabuk wrote:I do not believe it! we needed 1 simple try for a 5 point win. What does CORRY do? Gets himself yellow carded unbelievable :evil: :evil:

what is your hatred for corry? you say he should'nt be england captain, he cost us this he cost us that, just shut up and accept he's one of the best we've got. cretin.
tut tut not that i agree with NABUK and i can't understand his problem with Corry... but no need for name calling,
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

sorry its my history teacher.... im turning into him.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

then please stop, kornboy. Name calling is not acceptable, whoever it's addressed to or about.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

kornboy130 wrote:

BooHoo you called me a name, guess I'll stop now.....
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

Guess not :)

Re my "hatred" (can't remember ever saying that though")

HE ADVERTISES HUSH PUPPIES !!
Bud
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bud »

4071 wrote:thats a ... bonus point [lost] because of indiscipline

Not really. Even with 15 men Leicester never looked like scoring a try in the second half. They didn't have the opportunities. There was nothing to suggest that had Leicester been disciplined and kept a full complement of players, then they would have secured the bonus point.
Exactly. I can't believe this point is being missed by most people. Did we ever look like scoring in the second half? no. I can only remember us having the ball twice in their half. Therefore, to blame it on yellow cards is a bit too simplistic.
Ed
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

dailywaffle wrote:Focusing purely on the BP issue, take a look at the tables. There are two second place teams on 10 points, and we are not one of them. We are one of a further three teams on 9 points.

It is academic if we win all of our remaining games, but if we do lose one of them then the failure to get that 4th try may well cost us dear. In that respect, Nabuk makes a fair point. I do not see that pointing this out is somehow negative or disloyal.

Anyway, on to next week :D
Totally agree, I can see Ospreys and Northampton now qualifying ahead of us.

Although we were robbed by Munster at Welford Road :evil: I still can't see us pulling off a miracle and winning at Munster ... so I'm afraid we had better start taking the Mickey Mouse cup seriously :wink:
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Nabuk wrote:
kornboy130 wrote:

BooHoo you called me a name, guess I'll stop now.....
typically mature response there.
however - we have bourgoin at home (bonus point) and cardiff at home (likely bonus point) whereas ospreys and northhampton both have two away games out of 3 rounds, munster away - if lost with a bonus point should send us through for definite, but alot is riding on the next two games.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

What is that about Corry wearing Hush puppies? This is much more serious than I first thought and much worse than being called a cretin.
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

lol ....He bl**dy advertises them, huge A4 page advert in that England Rugby mag the RFU sell.
I RESOLVE TO BE NICER THIS YEAR !
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Nabuk wrote:lol ....He bl**dy advertises them, huge A4 page advert in that England Rugby mag the RFU sell.
oh dear, that quite obviously affects his playing skills.