Post by redtiger »

i think that may just be 1-0 to steve telcom there!! ha ha :lol:
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Well, I think someone has to come to Nabuk's rescue :lol:

Whilst I often do not agree with what Nabuk actually posts (mind, I could say that of many :wink: ), he/she generates as much response as anyone. So, good on you Nabuk, you keep posting !
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

Yes Nabuk please don't stop posting. Your great entertainment, although I somehow feel that's not your intention. :lol:
Lozza
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lozza »

Maybe we could have done better - but having said that - WE WON! 8)

I was there, and not only was it torrential rain throughout, the temperature dropped, and at the end, all the guys were wet, cold and tired. They did what they had to do..............

We still have opportunities out there - we just have to make sure we use them.
:wink:
Lozza

Nothing is Impossible
scouse tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by scouse tiger »

Short answer to the question in the title is 'No'

Not acheiving a bonus point last night will almost certainly have no impact on whether we go through - we will still have to win at Thomond Park to progress.

PS although second half was disappointing, it was still a rare away win in france.
My Wild Oats Have turned to Shredded Wheat
JCJD

Post by JCJD »

I think trying to blame any of our team for the lack of bonus point is off the mark. They came back at us really well in the second half, very impressive for a french team, I thought their heads would drop and they proved me wrong. Great defense in the second half.
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

Well I guess that was the sort of response I expected.

I really do feel sad for some of you "blind devotion" IS NOT the same as being a true supporter.

I have supported/followed the Tigers since the days when Tony Russ was the coach.

The sad fact is we needed a bonus point and then, when told 3!! times to move, Corry did'nt and got binned.

As Will Greenwood said in the commentary maybe we should have deliberatly let them score, we would have at least been able to get in their half from the kick-off. But it seemed all the team were intent on was not conceding a try....Well here's news for you boys it did not matter if they got a try we had a good lead. That missed point has probably cost us qualification a nd the 3 who got binned should be ashamed.

ps very brave Stevetelecom2000! perhaps I'll have a chance to post in one of your threads sometime, if they ever consist of anything but "watching the game tonight" or go over 2 pages.......:)
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Nabuk wrote:As Will Greenwood said in the commentary maybe we should have deliberatly let them score, we would have at least been able to get in their half from the kick-off. But it seemed all the team were intent on was not conceding a try...
To be fair Nabuk, although many teams are often in that siutation, I don't think I know of a single team would let the opposition over for a try. It just isn't in any professional players mindset to just stop defending. I agree that it would have probably helped us, but it will never happen.

Also, what is to say that the opposition wouldn't then get their backs up even more, sneak another quick try and make a scramble of the end of the game? You can't ever give points away, be they tactial, or by giving a sin binning and penalty away.

Tigers tried hard, gave it their ALL, and ultimately came up short of the 'perfet' result.

Nabuk wrote:ps very brave Stevetelecom2000! perhaps I'll have a chance to post in one of your threads sometime, if they ever consist of anything but "watching the game tonight" or go over 2 pages.......:)
LOL!
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

Nabuk wrote:Well I guess that was the sort of response I expected.

I really do feel sad for some of you "blind devotion" IS NOT the same as being a true supporter.

I have supported/followed the Tigers since the days when Tony Russ was the coach.

The sad fact is we needed a bonus point and then, when told 3!! times to move, Corry did'nt and got binned.

As Will Greenwood said in the commentary maybe we should have deliberatly let them score, we would have at least been able to get in their half from the kick-off. But it seemed all the team were intent on was not conceding a try....Well here's news for you boys it did not matter if they got a try we had a good lead. That missed point has probably cost us qualification a nd the 3 who got binned should be ashamed.

ps very brave Stevetelecom2000! perhaps I'll have a chance to post in one of your threads sometime, if they ever consist of anything but "watching the game tonight" or go over 2 pages.......:)
maybe blind devotion but aybe can see the score for what it was... we won away in france... tough for any team, yes discipline was pants... but i also think you are wrong, although entitled to your own opinion, disappointing we didn't get the bonus point thyat the first half display promised... but whilst you are always ready to criticise the bad points you never seem to be willing to praise the good points... for you even if we won against munster at home i would have a feeling yuo would have lamente the fact we didn't get a bonus point.. irrelevant of how good or bad we played... as for corry getting binned yes he was wrong and the ref did say it 3 times... but if it hadn't of been corry it would have been the next one to do it... corry getting binned was a string of offenses not only commited by him, for you to single corry out as you seem to do all the time.. you obviously have some issue with corry... was a bit pedantic.. the whole team whwre ill disciplined in the second half... mainly through frustration i think...

"I really do feel sad for some of you "blind devotion" IS NOT the same as being a true supporter."

I must say i do feel sorry for you the word supporter means to support... which means through thick and thin... not just when we are winning everything.. yes criticise the team if they play bad ... but praise the team when they play well... you seem unable to see anything but the bad side... i may be wrong but i have never seen you praise anyone in the team.... ever..

this of course is only my opinion nad it in no makes any difference to me if you carry on omplaining at every oppurtunity.. it just saddens me that some can only ever see the negatives
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Focusing purely on the BP issue, take a look at the tables. There are two second place teams on 10 points, and we are not one of them. We are one of a further three teams on 9 points.

It is academic if we win all of our remaining games, but if we do lose one of them then the failure to get that 4th try may well cost us dear. In that respect, Nabuk makes a fair point. I do not see that pointing this out is somehow negative or disloyal.

Anyway, on to next week :D
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Ah well, in bemoaning lost BPs as in jokes, it's the way you tell 'em. :P
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

dailywaffle wrote:Focusing purely on the BP issue, take a look at the tables. There are two second place teams on 10 points, and we are not one of them. We are one of a further three teams on 9 points.

It is academic if we win all of our remaining games, but if we do lose one of them then the failure to get that 4th try may well cost us dear. In that respect, Nabuk makes a fair point. I do not see that pointing this out is somehow negative or disloyal.

Anyway, on to next week :D
yes it may cost us not getting that bonus point but was the whole game RUBBISH thats what i'm getting at he wasn't only bemoaning that... he was complaining that we were rubbish full stop... although i don't thinki he was eventually... it is disappointing.. and may cost us.. but at the moment who knows we did it the other at last gasp and got to the semi's... so who knows
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

Nabuk wrote:ps very brave Stevetelecom2000! perhaps I'll have a chance to post in one of your threads sometime, if they ever consist of anything but "watching the game tonight" or go over 2 pages.......:)
LOL![/quote]

Actually you have posted in one of my threads. Do you remember predicting that Tigers would'nt get any points against Bourgoin. Then posting a thread complaining that they didnt manage to secure a bonus point in the same game. As for 'brave' maybe I am, Ive never actually been called that before. Inteligent, handsome, witty yes all of them, :lol: but never brave. Then again maybe I post regu & make no secret of my identity, I suppose maybe I am brave. But the fact that most rugby fans dont feel the need to resort to violence when they disagree with someone, then prehaps I'm not. Anyway in case you did'nt know, Munster shirt & Jacket in the Drogs bar before most games. Wont there against Bourgoin as I will be in Limerick watching the European Champions. Mines a Guinness. :wink: I have been privalaged to chat to many people off of here who have introduced themselves to me & shared a pint. Long may it continue, especially in Limerick in the new year.
Tryger

Post by Tryger »

thats a loss (Munster game) and a bonus point because of indiscipline - think it could make a difference to qualification - can't see us winning with a bonus point at Munster which we might need to top the group
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

As Will Greenwood said in the commentary maybe we should have deliberatly let them score, we would have at least been able to get in their half from the kick-off. But it seemed all the team were intent on was not conceding a try...

Well, in cas eyou hadn't noticed, they did concede a try. And Bourgoin's response was to then hold on to the restart and get back down into Leicester's half, putting the pressure on again. Conceding a try to gain field position is an interesting idea, but it hands momentum to the other team, who also start with posession again.

It was disappointing not to have scored the BP, but it's plain stupid to blame Corry. When he was carded, Leicester were fighting a rearguard action, and he was frantically trying to regain possession. He should have let go, but if he had done so then Bourgoin would have had good posession again. All back row forwards play on the edge of the laws and some of them fall foul of the ref. This particular one seemed very reluctant to allow competition at the breakdown - he was always ordering the defending side to get their hands off the ball and allowing the tackled player to hold on. In those circumstances, if you don't have possession it can be very hard to win it back, and you have to try and take every opportunity you can.

Leicester were doing that, and some of them paid the price. But the slowing of the ball and the disrupting of Bourgoin's flow of possession meant that even though Leicester spent most of the second half defending, they were still able to take a convincing win home with them.