World XV v South Africa

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

World XV v South Africa

Post by Iain »

Atmosphere largely dead in a half empty ground, possibly due to overly expensve tickets. The game was largely a cure for insomnia, I would struggle to mention any exciting passages of play without referring to the streaker!

If Farrell was the answer for England then I would love to know what the question is. Took the ball static, didn't look overly comfortable kicking from hand, and we now know he shouldn't be a goal-kicker.

And also I hope De Wet Barry is okay. Got knocked out in the first couple of minutes and looked ill when he staggered off.
boomshanka10

Post by boomshanka10 »

Sorry but my hat goes off to the streaker ....Brave man .... Far to cold for stunts like that ...... :lol:
But on the rugby i agree with Iain dull indeed and as for Dayglo and Farrell ones over the hill and ones ...well not worth it .....very poor indeed ....
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

Steaker has our vote! Way too cold for that! Farrell is not England's answer, way from it! Boring, boring game! Should have been at Welford Road with the band afterwardsa would at least then had some atmosphere!
Bud
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bud »

With that kind of form Farrell will surely be starting for England in the 6Nations.
Ed
Angelo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Angelo »

i watched the match on SKY. i saw noone saying Ciao Angelo...ok but the tv made shots only of the SA fans...ghghghghg

Ok, what about it? SA wanted to celebrate his 100 years playing against a sparring partner (World XV was made of real good players, not last Fabio Ongaro :D but they met yesterday and SA players met a little bit of time before, to prove play schemes...).

Pretty good Walkers stadium, but Tigers stadium would be better ...i hate rugby fields with soccer lines inside...and Tigers stadium would be sold out, without embarassing empty spaces, but i knew tickets had a real high cost...from 30 to 75 pounds...it is right?

Farrell would be new England hero, but....missing that kick from the front of the posts....he made good passes, but he did'nt impressed me so much.

The match was sometimes beautiful, sometimes a little bit sleepy (er...i fell asleep during the second half, but only because 'im old, i think :D).

De wet Barry really missed the tackle, or better, he missed positioning the head left or right the legs of the man he was tackling. He did'nt move after. Very impressive. I was happy when i saw him leaving the fields on his legs.
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

Sadly the days when these kind of game worth going to are long gone. We are familair with touring teams and without meaningful competition added to the high price makes them not worth watching.

Peersonnaly was very imopressed with Farrel
Very solid defensively. Lovely hands, off loaded out of the tackle something I have nt seen an English centre do since Greenwood finshed. So what he missed his kick big deal. Aslo he is a real leader of men something England really lack. I am expecting him to be insode centre for england by the WC
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Farrell's kicking was not his biggest problem. Why was he so static in receiving the ball? If he takes the ball at pace he can cause damage, but he never did this once. I wasn't impressed at all.
fatbast

Post by fatbast »

Angelo wrote:De wet Barry really missed the tackle, or better, he missed positioning the head left or right the legs of the man he was tackling. He did'nt move after. Very impressive. I was happy when i saw him leaving the fields on his legs.
He really did take a blow but i have to applaud the Ref who was really switched on to what was happening and took immediate action to get the guy some help, top bombing ref bloke!

Boring game as others have said, i too sat and watched it, or at least some of it, on Sky but wandered off after 30 minutes of mind numbing nothingness, the Walkers looked pathetic with so many empty seats, i can't understand the logic in inflating ticket prices and then choosing the Walkers over WR, surely those who controlled the prices knew that they were always going to struggle to bring in 30,000+ for a nothing game featuring a development SA and a scratch XV? why not either play at WR or reduce costs to bring in families and fill the Walkers...

Dayglo should take the hint and give up, he still thinks he's the answer but he clearly doesn't watch himself on TV when he gets in of an evening, as for Farrell, he's too raw to judge properly still, he has a nice pass but has no clue about running lines, he's sound in defence but a couple of times i saw him playing Rugby League yesterday, he would be around the contact area but retreated as if he was playing cover rather than going in to either support or dig out, a long way to go and a bit too old for my liking, no doubt we'll see him forced into the Six Nations squad but unless he's got a copy of 'My First book of Rugby Tactics' tucked away somewhere he'll struggle bigtime.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep - not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

Northenlad wrote:Steaker has our vote! Way too cold for that!
It certainly livened the match up. The stewards running after him straight on to the pitch overtaking Dayglo was one of the best moments. :lol:
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

Well I watched it on TV, for the first half and then I turned it off! What a crappy weekend of Rugby :(
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

according to reports the stewards were that quick at tackleing and turning over the streaker that theyve been selected for the England side!
Angelo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Angelo »

My mind goes a little bit slow...I gave a watch on match reports in Italian forums, and now i know what means the word streaker !!!! (english dictionary). Was he male or female? SKY completely ignored him, or i was sleeping....
I remember of a very beautiful woman streking in a recent international match but i don't remember what the match was....i remember only of the woman, of course :D
waster
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by waster »

Bud wrote:With that kind of form Farrell will surely be starting for England in the 6Nations.
only starting? Captaining England surely!!! :roll:
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

Come on guys see the positives, Dayglo can no longer open his big mouth and be taken seriously:

'DAYGLO TO SAVE ENGLAND' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How funny is that.............. the guy should give up, he's becoming even more embarrassing now!
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061