RELAXATION OF PLAYERS FOR AUTUMN TESTS

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

It would seem so. Once upon a time I was delighted to see a Tigers player put on an England shirt... but that was long ago. I know it is a honour and all that but I would get much more pleasure from seeing Corry, Kay, Moody, Goode, Chuter, White taking Wasps apart that trying to save ARs skin.
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

Just to add .. if this is the start of a sensible dialogue between clubs and RFU, and we get some long term settlement ... but no central contrcats then I suppose it is to be welcomed .. but would still prefer them all back to kill Wasps
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Is it just me or was the whole scrapping of legal action regarding the extra New Zealand game based on the understanding that no player would play in more than 3 games? Incredible how this got such a quiet press release.

To me, reading between the lines, the RFU and Premier Rugby recognise it is crunch time for Robinson. If he can't have victories with two full teams in two games then he will be out, so the RFU have asked for this relaxationas an emergency measure so they can judge one way or another.
1manteam

Post by 1manteam »

Hope fully AR will be nice enough to release a feiw players. :)
Come on tigers
banbury tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by banbury tiger »

WOW ! :!: :shock: premier rugby and rfu working together ... am i dreaming !

well it's about time too. hopefully this move can save england and not hamper the tigers too much aswell.
Tigers forever ! Tuilagi Rules!!
Get well soon Hazza.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leicester_Tigers
scuff

Post by scuff »

So this will mean that yet again Hodgson will start with Goode on the bench and know doubt we will lose Goode again without him playing for England
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

You're hopeful aren't you? Robinson's job is on the line, most likely he'll be sacked unless he wins that last game and you wonder if he'll be nice enough to give us some players back?? That will be his best side possible, no doubts.
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

How much money do the clubs get for this supportive gesture? It'll be about the folding, it always is. I was a bit put out about not being able to make the Wasps match, but now I'm quite glad about it. I want to watch an A team match, I can go for a Monday night. :evil:
Bud
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bud »

The thing is, I'm positive Robinson was going to use the last game to rotate. It'd be a way not to "drop" players, but be forced to change due to the rules. Now this will force his hand to see if he's going to keep Corry as captain, among other selections.
Ed
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

WOW ! premier rugby and rfu working together ... am i dreaming !

Yes you are dreaming. It's not working together, it premier rugby capitulating to the rfu as usual. Nothing good will come of it.
Goffer3404
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goffer3404 »

I suppose postponing the Wasps game isn't an option on the part of Premier Rugby?
steadysteve
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by steadysteve »

It would be interesting to know how the tigers board feel about this, as far as the rest of the Premiership are concerned the longer we are without our first team the better for them.
If there is a financial sweetener in this I bet it gets shared out evenly, not on how many players you loose.
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

Well the idea of working together I like, however all this will mean is that AR will stick with the same old faces and we will lose the next 2 games. under the 3 game rule at least he would have had to experiment next week.
EssexTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by EssexTiger »

This is a clever Premiership plot - it takes away AR's last excuse.

He has all the players he wants - therefore no excuse for bad display!

Goodbye AR!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

EssexTiger wrote:This is a clever Premiership plot - it takes away AR's last excuse.

He has all the players he wants - therefore no excuse for bad display!

Goodbye AR!
That was my first thought as well !

But, maybe, we are being too cynical. I feel that I should applaud the Premiership's gesture in England's hour of need. I do find it hard to do so, mind.

Who is right (see Rugby Club last night) - Barnes the 'cynic' or Greenwood the 'idealist' ?