Personnal favourite players...?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Personnal favourite players...?

Post by kornboy130 »

me and a few friends have constant deabtes...which often turn into rampant arguements about who is the "best" tigers player - until we finally reside in the fact it depends who you personnaly prefer. so i was hoping you motley bunch could tell me all your personnal favourites.

presonnaly mine is Martin Castrogiovani he's just a brilliant all round player - also - he's so damned lovable with his cheeky smile :-P - but i seriosuly rate him well and he's got a good decade left in him- an awesome signing, much much better than derren morris.
Ollie smith rules
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ollie smith rules »

Ollie followed by Matt C, Lewis, Geordan, Jordan and Sam. Can't pick between them as love them all!! :D :D :D :D
Last edited by Ollie smith rules on Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:-) TIGERS rock especially Ollie, CRANE, Moody, Crofty, and Matt C :-)
stevomarkv
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by stevomarkv »

Darren Morris was a brilliant signing, he added depth and competitiveness to the squad, played with a smile on his face and gave everything for this club. Despite the anti welsh sentiment from the hag who sits behind me, o it's morris's fault because he's welsh, never mind the fact he wasn't on the pitch.

Rant over. Favourite player current: Shane Jennings, the best forward at the club

favourite player of all time: fritz van heerden or the big man johnno himself
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

Of all time? MJ closely followed by Deanno.

Now................................can't think of one, sad isn't it :cry:
Angelo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Personnal favourite players...?

Post by Angelo »

kornboy130 wrote:me and a few friends have constant deabtes...which often turn into rampant arguements about who is the "best" tigers player - until we finally reside in the fact it depends who you personnaly prefer. so i was hoping you motley bunch could tell me all your personnal favourites.

presonnaly mine is Martin Castrogiovani he's just a brilliant all round player - also - he's so damned lovable with his cheeky smile :-P - but i seriosuly rate him well and he's got a good decade left in him- an awesome signing, much much better than derren morris.
He and "The Baron" Lo Cicero crunched Wallabies first row last saturday. He was changed in the middle of second half for Nieto, really i don't know why (maybe let him some rest) and Azzurri scrum immediately felt his loss.

Great player, for a great Premiership team ^^
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

My favourite player is Geordan Murphy....naturally gifted and prone to the unexpected and the unbelievable at times, which is part of his appeal for me - things like his try against Irish in the semi-final at WR....where he chipped the ball up into his hands before scoring, fantastic. I love the lines that he runs, its one of the best sights in rugby - the man is a genius.

Favourite players of all time - Johnno - a legend - nuff said.
tac106

Post by tac106 »

Hello all. Been reading this site for ages and always fascinated by the discussions (apart from too much negativity/criticism from some quarters!)

For me, Sam Vesty has always been a big favourite; thought he was awesome last season and along with Geordie is a truly naturally talented footballer. If only he had been born an inch or two taller and with an extra yard of pace!

Lewis Moody has also got to rank up there, always plays with a voracious appetite and plenty of passion.

As an aside on the fly-half front - it seems PH isn't too keen on Humphries but what do people think about Matt Smith? Saw him play in the development team against Sarries at St Albans a few weeks back and thought he looked a class act. Think he should be getting as much first-team experience as possible this season.
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

geordan! for obvious reasons.
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Of all time: Martin Johnson, Pat Howard, Joel Stransky, Fritz van Heerden

Presently: Alex Moreno, possibly just for how jubilant he was after a last minute try at the start of his Tigers career!!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Of all time - probably Deano - there was nothing like seeing that big bearlike figure shamble on with his shirt untucked and his socks down...you knew the real stuff was about to start.

Currently - I'd be torn between the Lewis and Geordan double act, both unpredictable and brilliant at times, Sam Vesty because he's a stalwart of the club and a sweetie, and Cozza because he is what and who he is - and I want to pat his hand and tell him there are people who believe in him.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Tac 106 welcome to the forum. I agree with your selection, Geordie, Lewis and Sam for me too, for enthusiasm, excitement, skill and their positive attitudes. All 3 of them light up a game. Castro is great too, just haven't got used to him yet. Austin too for his talent and intelligent play.
Don't mess with The Mothers!
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

MARTIN JOHNSON. :)
Leinster Heineken Cup champions 2009
Ireland Grand Slam champions 2009

http://sites.google.com/site/ritamarielawlor/
banbury tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by banbury tiger »

Johhno !

but still playing- ellis + o smith
Tigers forever ! Tuilagi Rules!!
Get well soon Hazza.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leicester_Tigers
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Past - Deano.
Present - Moody.
Future - my son, of course :lol:
kuzza
Super User
Super User

Post by kuzza »

Austin rules. Best player ever, but ruined his career by not engaging his brain when he spoke. Absolute natural though.