Aaron Mauger anyone?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Aaron Mauger anyone?

Post by kornboy130 »

i've read a series of internet articles regarding the signing of this awesome centre - as a replacement for the soon to reite daryl gibson. one such source suggests Jamie Noon as a back up plan if the Mauger deal falls through, admitedly all the sources ive read from have been dated octoberish - and say that mauger has been given til january to sign an undertaking saying he will join when his contract with nzrfu runs out (after the world cup). if he has been signed and ive just missed it will somon please let me know - or if not give me some feedback on the kiwi wearing green red and white, or the big noon man wearing the green shirt.
cheers,
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Welcome to the forum !

All the centre gossip (mainly idle :wink: ) is on here.

http://www.tigers.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12624

Not that we know anything :lol:
Bud
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bud »

It's looking promising, but these things always do. I hope that he does decide to join us though
Ed
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I would rather have needles stuck into my eyes than sign that idiot....after his comments about racists. He can take a running jump for all I care....Jamie Noon would be a fantastic buy....wow, that would be a scoop for Tigers...he is pretty special in my opinion.
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

i think jamie noon is a more sensible option in the long run. he is a great player. not a huge fan of mauger.
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Guys can I just point out that Daryl and Mauger are inside centres, i.e. creative players for the runners to play off, and jamie Noon is an outside centre, run round and through things, of which we already have an abundance. The only way that Noon would be a decent signing is if Ollie could be converted into a 12.
If we are looking at Newcastle players either a certain JW coz I don't know what they keep doing to him at Newcastle but he obviously need a decent recon and fitness coach, or Toby Flood who i reckon will be Englands 10 within a couple years.
Mid Lander

Post by Mid Lander »

Remember the links with Farrell, Umanga, Vickery, even Lomu. We are so big we just get linked to everyone.

However, I think Noon would be great but I reckon he still has hope for the Wilko, Tait, Noon combo (for the future of course).

MJ - I have been thinking for a while that Johnny should move clubs, especially now that Rob Andrew has left. But he's a loyal fellow (O'Driscoll-Leinster, Johnno-Leicester, Robinson-Sale, Dayglo-High Wycombe Wasps) and I'm sure he would miss Steve Black (maybe it's his fault!).
stevomarkv
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by stevomarkv »

sign wilko? why don't we sign balshaw to and have perry and anymore hospital season ticket holders while we are at it? Noon whilst a good player is a 13 i.e the same as ollie who unless im mistaken isn't leaving and regardless of positions Mauger is 10 times the player noon is and he has a very handy kicking game. If we sign Mauger we will be kings of europe again, no doubt.
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

Well good player that he is I'd rather see Leicester go for home-grown playersTait is ooc at the end of the season I think.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I know I've asked this question before, but why should we look to sign an English player over a foreigner? I'd prefer the better of the two, regardless of nationality. The better of the two is Mauger.
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Hey I would rather sign Mauger as well but some one else started talking about Noon and I said if we were going to Newcastle I`d rather have JW or Flood
k1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by k1 »

Sod home grown!! Mauger is by far the best 12 in the world right now. European glory would surely follow if we picked him up
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

It does seem very strange about JW and his injurys, surely nobody can have that much bad luck.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

wow...i didnt know this was such as hot topic :P but thanlks for replying - my personnal view is that mauger is the best number 12 in the world, he's a tough character - and if he joined us - he'd have no international leave as the all blacks dont let their players play abroad. mauger can play inside and outside...as can gibson - and i mean noon is a great player - no doubt - but he would have international leave - a big problem for us at the moment. i'll keep you guys updated on anymore things that i find, i can see him and 1 or two other world class signings taking us to the top - our pack is fearson enough as it is and our bakc line just needs a bit spicing up, cheers for the info and views guys - keep it up!

p.s. i reckon the racist remarks were just mind games with the england fans etc.