No 10

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

No 10

Post by GT1 »

After watching yesterdays game of two halfs, it was obvious that the backs have been getting some coaching this week!!
I was very impressed by the Worcesters No 10 ex saint Drahm, he got his limited backs going in the second half & he is a excellent kicker.
If Worcester get relegated we could do alot worse & sign him & pension off Burke.
He is a Aussie but I believe he is not classed as overseaa any more. Worth a look!
Keep standing areas in the new stadium!!
tigermilo

Post by tigermilo »

Your right about his status, he's currently No 1o in the England A team!

I would champion our own players first though, namely Humphries, and after yesterdays performance Sam Vesty! Sam hasn't played at 10 for some time, but when he took over yesterday the improvement was immediate. He mixed up his running lines, looked far more dynamic than he used to, and much more than Mr Burke. I think we have on the books some great potential, it is up to th coaching staff to develop and encourage them. NOT loan out or leave out in order to play Mr Burke!
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

come on guys burke did well also .............. I'm absolutely amazed at this constant having a go at the bloke.

Whether you like it or not HE'S ONE OF OURS NOW SO GIVE THE BLOKE SOME RESPECT.......... you should also consider that the bloke may read this and you're not doing anything to boost his confidence either, give him some slack please.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

My mother can kick the ball further than him!
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

GT1 wrote:My mother can kick the ball further than him!
At least he made touch everytime. I believe that Burke had a sound game yesterday and he should be given some credit rather than all the snipping. He was instrumental in TV's try.
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

Burke had a great game yesterday, and was the main reason why we scored four tries soon after half time.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Do you think I & many other FANS on this forum like to call our players? Ican asure you I dont. But I get fed up with watching ok - average rugby from our team, they havent performed to the level that is expected of them & I believe in telling it like it is & not accepting second best!
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

you're HARSH GT1
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

and just plain wrong too!
Liamsdad
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Liamsdad »

Pete wrote:and just plain wrong too!
Got to agree with you Pete (and you too Nik). A game is not just won by kicking 50 yard touchfinders. Burke hit touch all afternoon and got the centres moving well. He stood up well for his tackles and looked sharp. Sam ran some nice lines when he moved to 10 and should be pleased with his performance but I don't think he significantly outperformed Burke.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

This club needs a better No 10, someone who can make breaks & kicks & gets the back line working! We must not settle for anything less. No 10 is the most inportant position on the pitch get that right & everything else falls into place!!
This is not just my opinion if you read the many comments on this forum, dont shoot the messenger.
pacman

Post by pacman »

Agree with Pete and Nik, lay off the man, he had a good game, alright he did'nt kick everything but he did find touch far more often than our usual 10. He is one of ours now.

JAK
Bud
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bud »

I'd still pick Humphreys ahead of him, but he did nothing wrong on Saturday.
Ed
DorsetTiger

Post by DorsetTiger »

I think that some people on this forum need to grow up, their professional players who get paid to play, they should be able to take criticism. In my opinion though its not Burke that we should be criticising its Goode. He has done nothing all season. I think that Drahm would be a fantastic signing for us though as well as Sanderson if they went down. Ideally though I would like to see Newcastle go down so we can pillage their amazing back line: tait, noon, flood and wilikinson would all walk into our team and give the team some impetus in the back line.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

DorsetTiger said

I think that some people on this forum need to grow up, their professional players who get paid to play, they should be able to take criticism. In my opinion though its not Burke that we should be criticising its Goode. He has done nothing all season. I think that Drahm would be a fantastic signing for us though as well as Sanderson if they went down. Ideally though I would like to see Newcastle go down so we can pillage their amazing back line: tait, noon, flood and wilikinson would all walk into our team and give the team some impetus in the back line.

You talk a lot of sense.
We will win or get near to winning nothing until are decision makers are better!!!