OSPREYS V AUSTRALIA TONIGHT

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

1manteam

Post by 1manteam »

Good to see clubs taking on international teams .

get tigers playing new zealand,would show robinson how its done. :wink:
Come on tigers
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Who cares?? It's only a Welsh team playing.....

THUMP!

erm...........Thank you Mrs Big Dai.............Very erm interesting..........come on the Ospreys!

(Oh what it is to have a Welsh Rugby supporting wife! Still it was fun on Sunday :lol: :lol: )
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

a good win for them, Pam :)
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Great result for Ospreys' second XV.

Awful match, must confess that I actually fell asleep for 10 minutes. Connor played well, though.
cal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cal »

I made the most of not having a TV in my student digs by watching it on t'internet, Only seemed to be a handfull of players on both teams interested in the match, still, good win for the Ospreys, but doubtful that it will have any effect on the match this weekend.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Hi BJ

I don't think the crowd helped the announcer. They didn't make a lot of noise for 20,000+, so maybe he felt he was 'doing his bit' to get them going. I sometimes think that fans get the announcer they deserve, if you see what I mean.
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

From what I could hear on the telly, the announcer was his usual moronic self - he's been the same every time I've been to the Liberty.

The crowd were pretty quiet apart from the last 10 minutes, but to be fair the action on the pitch didn't given them a lot to get excited about.

Saying that, my mum & dad went and had a cracking time, neil jenkins was siiting in the row behind them.

Great result for the ospreys though - there should be a return to these mid week tour matches as it gives those who can't get to full internationals an opportunity to see international opposition.

It would be good to see the Tigers taken on some dirt trackers - even if it was only a second xv like the ospreys last night.
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Caerlyr Osprey wrote:It would be good to see the Tigers taken on some dirt trackers - even if it was only a second xv like the ospreys last night.
Agreed. Anyone else remember the Tigers (not Midlands) v Australia match back in the early 80s ? Fantastic game, as I recall. The Aussie squad were hugely approachable that night, I took loads of autographs back to Bristol Uni.
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

Am I right in thinking that there is much less of a tradition in English rugby for club sides to take on touring sides and that it was more likely to be divisional sides playing?

I have a vague memory of the old midlands divison taking on the ABs at WR on their 1993 tour.
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
Jake Bullet
Tiger Cub

Post by Jake Bullet »

dailywaffle wrote:Hi BJ

I don't think the crowd helped the announcer. They didn't make a lot of noise for 20,000+, so maybe he felt he was 'doing his bit' to get them going. I sometimes think that fans get the announcer they deserve, if you see what I mean.
I think you're still asleep...'if you see what I mean'. :roll:
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Jake Bullet wrote:
dailywaffle wrote:Hi BJ

I think you're still asleep...'if you see what I mean'. :roll:
Maybe I am being a little slow here Jake .... but I have no idea what your post means. Would you care to elucidate ?
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Caerlyr Osprey wrote:Am I right in thinking that there is much less of a tradition in English rugby for club sides to take on touring sides and that it was more likely to be divisional sides playing?

I have a vague memory of the old midlands divison taking on the ABs at WR on their 1993 tour.
That's right. Tigers were very unusual in being granted the right to play touring sides (Australia and Romania being the ones I saw), as it was usually the old divisional nonsense. 'Midlands' never had the tradition that, maybe 'North' or 'South West' had.

Sadly, don't really see the touring teams at all nowadays ..... a different era. One of the negatives about the professional set up.