Cardiff's second try

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cardiff's second try

Post by Smudge »

I have just watched the game again and my call at the time was absolutely right.
The looping overhead pass to Shanklin from which the Cardiff second try came, was at least 10 yards forwards.

Ok with the benefit of slow motion it was easy to prove but I called it easy enough live,
so why didn't the ref or at least the punditry?

The try should not have stood!
Let's not have too much guff about Deacons foot then!
A life long Tiger
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

but rememeber only tigers ever cheat no other team in whole widest world does... it is a thing developed at tigers and only us know how to do it...

any other team found doing it is purely a coincidence
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
gmangtr

Post by gmangtr »

Read your report and clicked on the DVD, as the MS grass is cut in 5 metre strips of grass I expected to see the ball cross 2 sets of stripes going forward. It did not !!
The ball did travel forward a yard or so but Robinson was running forward and the momentum rule would have come in.

So it was marginal - Yes but it was not picked up

If you want to pick hole look at your two tries , a Leicester play fell on the Cardiff player on the floor on both occasions, correct call , Penalty to Cardiff !! and 12 points off the scoreboard but that is stupid....

You won ... end of ...both sides played the ref to the best of their ability and Cardiff Blues have no complaints. I just wish you would win with grace
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

............................................Forward? Maybe, but not as far forward as the one Leinster scored!!

Read it in the Argus!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Big Bad John
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Big Bad John »

Just thought I would point out that there is no such thing as a "Momentum Rule" in Rugby!! The ball is only allowed to travel backwards from the hands of a player, the only exception being a charge down! Even Sliding forwards onto a ball on the ground is technically a knock on, although I have seen a fair few of those overlooked recently!

Points cannot be deducted by the referee during the course of a game. Only following the citation of illegal play, where points can be deducted from a teams accumulated total over the course of a tournament.

I doubt that any Leicester player 'falling' onto a member of the oppositions team would be deemed worthy of a penalty let alone points deduction!!!
Get Some Baby!
nwnreader

Post by nwnreader »

BBJ
While you are correct that 'The Momentum Rule' has no place in any official rugby Laws, an increasing number of referees are adopting this SH interpretation Indeed, in a conversation with Stuart Dickinson recently he was adamant that such passes have to be allowed.
I disagree totally, but being 'right' is too often insufficient.
If Tigers become Lions, how do Lions become Pussycats?
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

gmangtr wrote: Cardiff Blues have no complaints. I just wish you would win with grace
maybe most of you guys haven't any complaints and see it as most tigers do.. my comments where actually trying obviously vainly to be sarcastic... but there are quite a few 'Blues' supporters going on about the 'boot of deacon'... what i think smudge was saying is if you guys can complain about that we can also complain... so instead of complaining about winning with grace have a word with your fellow countrymen about losing with honour...

I enjoyed the whole game mistakes made by both sides... ref made mistakes for both sides... it could have gone either way... your red card but we didn't capitalise anyway... its rugby its not life or death so lets all chill and stop trying to start world war 3
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal