appaling cardiff fans

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigermilo

appaling cardiff fans

Post by tigermilo »

I was there yesterday, and was amazed and disspaointed by the bahaviour of a small group of cardiff fans. I was in block M18, level 4 and was shocked when after Tom Varndell went over for the 2nd try, they started making monkey chants! I shouted at them to stop and got loads of abuse in return. Lets hope we don't see their like for the return game!
Lis113
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Lis113 »

Oh my god that's awaful, how abusive were they towards you??
Mafi is my man.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

You get that element no matter where, and they are rarely the die hard rugby fans - in my experience they're just random people who don't understand the ethos or behaviour expected. It happened by some blokes wearing Tigers shirts at the Walkers - they sat behind me and aimed similar abuse at Leon Lloyd. Abuse or not, they got a piece of my mind.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

this is not acceptable from anyone whether they are Rugby fans or not - Personally I think this should be reported to the millenium studium, the WRFU and the Hieneken ortganizers. This is a legal matter not just one of etiquette!
Hairy Egg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Hairy Egg »

I've mentioned this on a previous thread.

I won't repeat myself, suffice to say it was disgraceful and has no place in sport or anywhere else.
gmangtr

Post by gmangtr »

Let me say as a Cardiff fan, we don't need this in rugby, Cardiff ,Wales and the UK ... Life Ban if reported ..

They seem to forget we have plenty of players in the squad who are not white, we had Nigel Walker etc etc
Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Simmo »

This is a matter for the Police.
I'm sure the Stadium must have these events on camera.
Please Please report it....
Simmo
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

you have to have evidence though, and witnesses. In a crowd that size it would be very difficult to pick out any cuplrits. The best thing would be to report it there and then to stewards or someone I guess, but I doubt anyone would do anything about it. Maybe I'm too cynical, but I can't see it being pursued now.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
nwnreader

Post by nwnreader »

At very least, report it to Cardiff. They will want to know, even if they cannot do anything formal about it. Never prejudge what can be done when these things happen - it is inactivity that allows the boil to fester.
If Tigers become Lions, how do Lions become Pussycats?
JSF

Post by JSF »

Shocking if true but certainly not representative of the many Cardiff fans who went out of their way to congratulate us on the victory last night. All we met were very pleasant and genuinely interested in rugby. An absolute credit to the City and the Club
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Report it, giving as much detail as you can as to where the perpetrators were sat. If you know your seat number give it and give a rough estimate as to how far away they were sat. Cardiff will be OBLIGED to follow it up.
No place for it in any walk of life.
mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

thats awful!! and the fact the boo'd goodey... and after what munster were saying about us!
Kellogs frosties, brings out the tiger in you!

http://Hannah-Fantastic.bebo.com
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

Absolutely disgusted that this abuse was directed at TV - it should certainly be reported to the Blues officials for investigation.

I've never heard an racist abuse at any welsh ground, just as I haven't at any english ground either.
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup