England team to meet NZ:

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

agree with the sentiments here:

CONGRATULATIONS COZZA A WELL DESERVED CAPTAINCY YET AGAIN.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Ah well! That's the guts ripped out of our pack whilst the Interantional farce continues! :cry:
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Cometh the hour, cometh the reserves. Chance to shine v Worcester - go for it!!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Yea.........I know Phil. But my heart :censored: sinks when I see an England team sheet these days! It would be better if every team contributed just one forward.

That, I know,is a daft idea and makes selection a lottery but is that lottery any worse than a team picked by Robbo anyway??
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Hard to say - Robbo is something of a loose cannon, and probably won't be in a job after the WC.

My preference would be to reduce the size of the premiership and suspend the GP when matches are played. then we at least get a competitive side out when it matters and players don't have to feel that they are letting their Clubs down. The more successful you are the heavier the penalty - how did we work that one out?
Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Simmo »

Dave W wrote:Absolutely fantastic news for all our lads but especially big ben kay and george chuter. Excellent platform for both of them to claim regular places from now on in the England set up.
Me thinks we ought to thank Barnes and Morris for flying this flag....as well as the lads.

Great news for Tigers.....5 from 8 forwards.

Nice to see Dayglo missing from the equation too. I seem to recall him saying that he regretted not being pushy enough in his attempts to get back in the team. Looks like he pushed too hard.
Simmo
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Agree with HairyEgg I don't think Cohen and Balshaw should be anywhere near the England set up they're rubbish.

Balshaw has played 1 game and gets picked and Cohen is not on form. I guess lewsey is injured so we have no other full backs. And I'm sure we could have found someone better than Cohen to play on the wing.

Glad to see some youngsters getting a chance but this should have happened 3 years ago not 1 year before the WC.

And I'm so glad Dallaglio hasn't managed to talk himself into the team hopefully they may play better now they know he's not around to disrupt things.
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

I know i'm new here but ppl come on!

The AB's must be laughing their proverbials off.

Fair enough a fantastic front 5 and whatever else he does Grewcock will not take a backward step but if you honestly think a back row consisting of two natural #6's and Correy at #8 is going to worry them..........................

We have a #10 who chokes on "pressure" kicks , an untested #9 untested centre partnership and Cohen/Balshaw in the back 3.

On the positive side though when we lose I guess they might finally sack AR!
Big Bad John
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Big Bad John »

Surely you cant be against playing any untested players. I know this is the All Blacks and is the very biggest challenge a team can face, but The England team has been crying out for new blood and now is most certainly better than never! Lets find out what these guys can do on the world stage.

Interesting Back row! I am not totally against it in principle, although I hope that that AR is testing Corry and Sanderson against each other to find out who his number eight and captain will be come next year. Please God don't let him be hoping to include both! Would much prefer to see Lund / Rees with Lewis blindside, Fast and Fierce!

Ben Kay has deserved his recall for well over a year now! The Bath locks are not scary at all and are totally overhyped in my oppinion. Both Grewcock or Borthwick are too prone to dissapearing in games!
Get Some Baby!
Lea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lea »

I like the back row.

I would prefer to see

Moody 6
Sanderson 7
Corry 8

but beggars cant be choosers.

GOOD LUCK LADS
Liamsdad
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Liamsdad »

Corry at 6 because AR wants to play Forrester at 8 when he is fit?
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

Does anybody know if they've actually finished the building work at HQ?

If they haven't does it mean the RFU will need to have another international, outside the IRB dates, to celebrate?

Good luck to all the tigers who are playing though - I suspect they're going to need it.
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
wellbutthatcouldbe

Post by wellbutthatcouldbe »

Caerlyr Osprey - judging by the latest pictures (though they are a week old :? ) on the RFU site http://tinyurl.com/y6ltg7 - no.

Bottom tier - finished ages ago.
Middle tier - almost finished - will probably be OK
Upper tier - no seats in yet; seating deck nearly finished
Roof - lots of girders on the pitch which I assume are part of the roof, but nothing solid.

My guess for Sunday: seating areas finished but no roof. I'm not a construction expert though :)
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

wellbutthatcouldbe wrote:Caerlyr Osprey - judging by the latest pictures (though they are a week old :? ) on the RFU site http://tinyurl.com/y6ltg7 - no.

Bottom tier - finished ages ago.
Middle tier - almost finished - will probably be OK
Upper tier - no seats in yet; seating deck nearly finished
Roof - lots of girders on the pitch which I assume are part of the roof, but nothing solid.

My guess for Sunday: seating areas finished but no roof. I'm not a construction expert though :)
The roof isn't due to be completed until the start of the 6 nations, but all South Stand seating areas will be open for Sunday with a capacity of 82,000
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I hope they remove the girders from the pitch before the game!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother