Oh Dear !

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Spheroide
Tiger Cub

Oh Dear !

Post by Spheroide »

After last weeks performance I was releived to see the starting line for todays evcounter, this was pretty much what I was looking for last week.

I settled back in my armchair to see a vast improvement over last week.

Once again LM was outstanding and even during his brief absence SJ (one of last weeks villains) came up trumps.

But the boyos who I called for last week were a touch off the pace. I don't think AG's kicking was up to standard despite 'perfect' conditions. Perhaps he needs to be thinking about unsettling elements (mud wind rain) to focus his mind. His kicking from hand was not so good. He did have a fair game with ball in and from hand however.

2 minutes in to injury time and the captain attempts a silly run down the short side. Just shows that even the best make bad choices under pressure. I reckon he owes LD a good few bevvies for taking the ball from the blues throw.

Another fine game from GC and his 2 props but TV still flatters to decieve. Hope Olly's leg is OK his appetite and aggression seem to be returning.

I'm afraid that qaulification is still a long way away but at least it's still on the map.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

I don't think Andy Goode can find touch so easily on BIG pitches. He has no trouble at WR as it is a much smaller pitch than any other Tigers play on. And thats why he struggles a lot on his touch kicking away from WR.
Big Bad John
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Big Bad John »

I think g has hit the nail on the head there, The Millenium Stadium could be anything up to 10 metres wider than Welford Road - Goode should be aiming to put the ball into the crowd in tight matches like these, especially when the opposition backs are counter attacking as effectively as The Blues did, not only will this ensure touch it will also prevent a quick throw-in.

Work needs to be done on the follow up, on a number of occasions only one or two men are chasing up, and there is no defensive line across the pitch to prevent a quick attack. This put us on the back foot every time touch was not found and led directly to both Blues tries.

If the first point cant always be achieved the the second must be!!!
Get Some Baby!
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

Let's face facts once and for all shall we, the trouble with LEICESTER TIGERS IS:

WE HAVE NOT GOT A QUALITY NO 10 .............. WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT WE HAVEN'T NOR HAVE WE HAD SINCE JACO LEFT.......... SHOOT ME NOW BUT IT'S TRUE.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

SHOOT ME NOW BUT IT'S TRUE
Ok...

...BANG!
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

Nik wrote:Let's face facts once and for all shall we, the trouble with LEICESTER TIGERS IS:

WE HAVE NOT GOT A QUALITY NO 10 .............. WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT WE HAVEN'T NOR HAVE WE HAD SINCE JACO LEFT.......... SHOOT ME NOW BUT IT'S TRUE.
+ the No. 8 !! what was he thinking! blindside break from our 22 in injury time....I'm sure he's a nice bloke but he's the Captain !! and even more depressingly will probably get the nod for england. :cry:

It's deja-vu(?) for Leicester again Fantastic forwards ( bar #8 ) and woeful backs.

Now excuse me while I put my asbestos suit on.
ChrisNottm

Post by ChrisNottm »

Theres no fun or point in stating the obvious anymore. We just have to make do with what we have got Goode or Burke Burke or Goode - uuuummmmmmmmm?

Forgive me but I just lost interest again cos nothing will ever change.
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Oh Dear !

Post by mike »

The only thing we can do is get Humphries back from Leeds now , start him in games immediately and get him up to speed . Goode's kicking out of hand yesterday was bad even by his standards - both Cardiff tries came from his kicks that missed touch ( thats 4 tries he has cost us in the past 2 away games ) - I don't think Burke is any better . Vesty got a fine drop goal but his game was the normal cocktail of brave tackles and commitment , coupled with multiple Hospital passes ,loose kicks and scary judgement - we need geordan at full back urgently . It was good to see Harry back and Ollis is getting sharper all the time - hope the injury is not as bad as it looks as he is our only threatening back at present . TV took his try well but it was pretty routine and was anonymous otherwise. Front row again top class and moody outstanding .
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

Nabuk wrote:
Nik wrote:Let's face facts once and for all shall we, the trouble with LEICESTER TIGERS IS:

+ the No. 8 !! what was he thinking! blindside break from our 22 in injury time....I'm sure he's a nice bloke but he's the Captain !! and even more depressingly will probably get the nod for england. :cry:

It's deja-vu(?) for Leicester again Fantastic forwards ( bar #8 ) and woeful backs.

DO NOT DISS OUR CAPTAIN ON THIS FORUM PLEASE - COZZA IS IMMENSE AS BOTH A TIGERS CAPTAIN AND AN ENGLAND CAPTAIN......
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Unfortunatley it gives me no pleaseure but to agree with many of the above comments - I have said it for the past few years - We will win nothing - as in no big games on big pitches with Andy Goode at Stand off. We all know he is an inconsistant goalkicker with an average record, but actually that is not what bothers me. It is his kicking out of hand that is so apalling. Will Greenwood called it right at half time. This is a man selected for his boot and he doesn't find touch - Criminal. The forwards must have almost been in despair by the end of this game. WhaT MORE DO THEY HAVE TO DO.

They out scrummaged Cardiff, in fact demolished them, dismatled their lineout and more than matched them in the lose, just as they had with Munster the week before. Both scrum halfs gave perfectly good service and then Goode kicks straight down the throat of the attacking players. It is no wonder that some of the forwards strted to make wrong options - They cannot trust the kicker!!!

By the end - every time Goode got the ball I had my head in my hands in despair - Did he actually ever find touch once other than from a penalty - I honestly don't think he did - He is quite simply awful and we must must must get a quality fly half next year or we will lose all the other quality players we have.

I feel sorry for our other backs as well because with all that posession and they still never really see the ball in a constructive attack.

I know every one on here wants to here positives here they are -

1)A win away from home inspite of Goode - Brilliant
2)The front row - need I say more (but one word of caution - International period they will all be gone!!)
3) Moody - back to his best - AND when he goes off on comes Jennings and is almost better
4) Big Jim - great lineout work "Oh flower of Scotland" - brilliant
5) Ollie - getting better and better - hope and pray his knee is ok
6) nice to see the solidity of Gibbo back
7) Ellis/Bemand - take your pick both playing well

That's 7 positive points and one negative - unfortunately the negative one is so important it cannot be ignored because we cannot win anything significant with him in situ
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

Nik wrote:
Nabuk wrote:

DO NOT DISS OUR CAPTAIN ON THIS FORUM PLEASE - COZZA IS IMMENSE AS BOTH A TIGERS CAPTAIN AND AN ENGLAND CAPTAIN......
Nik calm down ... big breaths... and relax... yes cozza is immense but you must admit it was abit of brain fade yesterday.. doesn't happen often but ti was a bit on the daft side and i am sure he will say the same if he watches it himself.... but the rest of the game he was his usual solid self... and long may he reign...
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

just making my point Kev am fine now thanx but I will not hear of anything said of Cozza, none at all............ END EX
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

Nik wrote:just making my point Kev am fine now thanx but I will not hear of anything said of Cozza, none at all............ END EX
Ah...I see "super user" status + ability to use large fonts = god mode :lol:

This is a FORUM mate not the "Cozza" appreciation site.

Fact. He is not and never will be anything more than a reliable club standard No. 8.

He is only in the England team because there is no one else fit and is only Captain because Andy Robinson has no imagination.
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

Nabuk wrote:
Nik wrote:just making my point Kev am fine now thanx but I will not hear of anything said of Cozza, none at all............ END EX
Ah...I see "super user" status + ability to use large fonts = god mode :lol:

This is a FORUM mate not the "Cozza" appreciation site.

Fact. He is not and never will be anything more than a reliable club standard No. 8.

He is only in the England team because there is no one else fit and is only Captain because Andy Robinson has no imagination.
bla bla bla and who do you reckon could do a better job then nabuk - are you really Dayglo venting your spleen at not even being selected :lol:

Robinson = no imagination, I'll give you that one.......... however Cozza's selection of Captain wouldn't just be down to Robinson even though he likes us to believe it is.

One last thing, I'm not your mate :roll:
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

Well I would suggest lee @7 Sanderson@8 and Moody @6

btw glad you found the Cps Lock key.