cardiff fans disrespectful

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Simmo »

If it bothered the kickers that much I'm sure they'd check the rule book to see if there's anything in there to stop them wearing a pair of Ear Defenders....
Simmo
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Tom BB wrote:Ah! The cultural imperialism of the English. Is there rugby outside Welford Road? You bet there is! What gives you lot the right to try to impose your rugby culture on the way we watch games? Typical upper class English superiority! Get a life!
It isn't anything to do with (a) Welford Road (b) English anything or (c) imposing any form of culture (although maybe some people could do with manners rather than culture)

(a) Other teams ask for silence during kicks - not just Tigers
(b) why make any battles or rants about English v Welsh, Scottish, Martian or anything else? That's imposing sterotypes!
(c) is having respect for your opponents a form of culture, and thereby being imposed? I'd say the vast majority, if not all, teams and players have respect for their opponents whoever they may be. Pity the fans don't do likewise. :)
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Firesafetydave

Post by Firesafetydave »

Rizzo wrote:
(a) Other teams ask for silence during kicks - not just Tigers
To back you up, even the Blues' top brass were asking for fans to be quiet during kicks in the programme notes. The tigers fans were cheering their team on, the Cardiff fans seemed content with booing everyone and everything, and not making a peep otherwise.

Oh - by the way... for those of you planning to go to the Millennium Stadium for an event who like Guinness, Tiger Bitter, etc, don't bother! All they serve inside is Carling and Worthingtons Cream Flow that is remarkably flat...
Te audire no possum. Musa sapienum fixa est in aura.
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

i doubt it was the away supporters. we afford respect to both kickers aswell. and i dont really expect it when i go away, but its always nice to get quiet during kicks!
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

We went to the Biarritz v Bath game earlier this year, the french fans kept singing & bashing their plastic tubes together thro out the match, it didnt matter if someone was kicking at the posts (both sides) they kept on chanting!
FANTASTIC atmosphere !!!!
Perhaps we should start making some more noise at WR as we were completely out sung by the marvellous Munster fans last week!
We are going to Bourgoin in Dec it will be interesting to see what their fans are like.
Watched the highlights of Cardiff match at 7pm on Sunday along with other matches on SC4 the welsh channel(sky 135 you dont have to subscribe to get it!!) how come the BBC or any one else cant get the highlights to us this quickly?
Keep standing areas in the new stadium!!
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

Tom BB wrote:Ah! The cultural imperialism of the English. Is there rugby outside Welford Road? You bet there is! What gives you lot the right to try to impose your rugby culture on the way we watch games? Typical upper class English superiority! Get a life!
would you like some salt and vineagr with that chip?
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

If by "Welsh" you mean all Welsh people are rude or bad mannered then I think you are on thin Ice

If on a Welsh forum there was reference to all English (or any other nationality you may be) being arogant or pompous not doubt you would justifiably think there was some sort of bigotry involved - therefore best to comment on what you see and hear and not make assumptions about race or nationality.

With regards to silence and goal kicking - we have it at Welford road and praise be that we have - let's hold the moral high ground and let the opposition supporters draw there own conclusion as Munster did last week

As it happens I think the silence put's off the opponents who are not used to it - where our kickers are used to noise wherever they go away - advantage to us.
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

Don't worry TOM BB is one of those who decided they had suddenly supported Blues for years, found out where they were playing and when and went to rugby instead of football!!!! :twisted:
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

Yep it's downright disrespectful - was fed up listening to the booing.
Leinster Heineken Cup champions 2009
Ireland Grand Slam champions 2009

http://sites.google.com/site/ritamarielawlor/
Hairy Egg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Hairy Egg »

I can't believe that no-one has mentioned the rascist chants that came from one section of the crowd after TV went over for his try, disgraceful - absolutely disgraceful.
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

The french are the worst. especially the national team fans in when they play in the 6 nations, if france were 40-0 nil up against italy , they would boo a italian taking a penalty kick !
Shedman is gone. Shedman is gone
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Hairy Egg wrote:I can't believe that no-one has mentioned the rascist chants that came from one section of the crowd after TV went over for his try, disgraceful - absolutely disgraceful.
Didn't hear any of that on the TV coverage, but if that is the case, whoever is responsible is disgraceful and should be ashamed of themselves - whatever nationality they are!

Please don't lets go down a Welsh-v English road - there are bad and good fans from all directions and places - as most of us know....and we have regular Welsh posters here as well as English, so let's all try and avoid such silly generalisation.
Demelza - another Mother
Hairy Egg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Hairy Egg »

Rizzo wrote:Please don't lets go down a Welsh-v English road - there are bad and good fans from all directions and places - as most of us know....and we have regular Welsh posters here as well as English, so let's all try and avoid such silly generalisation.
I wasn't making any silly Welsh v English generalisations, I was pointing out that the chants that I heard were unacceptable and that they came after TV's try - you can draw whatever conclusions you like from that. Either way they have no place in sport or anywhere else for that matter.

But if it happens it needs to be aired otherwise nothing will be done to erradicate it - PC or not.

I'd also like to point out that the majority of the Blues fans I met yesterday were superb and we had some good banter going. I will not allow this mutual respect to be ruined by a few thoughtless idiots.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

that comment was aimed at others who have posted to this topic, not you, HE. I agree, that kind of behaviour should be stamped out, and hopefully it is a minority who perform such disgusting acts - it's nothing to do with being PC or otherwise, it's simply a matter of respect - something that is lacking in some elements of many sports and sports fans these days.

The chants/noises were not (to me) audible on the Sky coverage, so you must excuse me for that - I wasn't doubting it happened, (indeed, someone else mentioned it on another thread) just saying that as far as I heard on the Sky coverage it wasn't evident.

What I mean is - we cannot blame any specific group of fans, I've experienced the same thing from people wearing Tigers shirts at the Walkers stadium - it's unacceptable behaviour under any circumstances.
Demelza - another Mother
Lozza
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lozza »

I know a fair few Welsh people, and they are as passionate about their culture and background as we are about ours. However, it is always the odd one or two who spoil things.................

With the exception of last years Powergen semi, every time I have visited Wales for a rugby match there has always been some sort of abuse directed at the English. This goes back years, and yesterday was no exception.

In the pub prior to the match, one old guy was telling me he'd rather wear a turnip in his lapel than a rose, how the Welsh hate the English with a passion, how we'd never beat their boys on their home turf (WRONG!). Even in the stadium a lot of the fans were hostile and unpleasant.

This is possibly why I came home with a sore throat from shouting so much for Tigers, and also why the win was so much sweeter!!!!!!!! 8)
Lozza

Nothing is Impossible