Can we win

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ALECW

Can we win

Post by ALECW »

Can we win in BURGOIN, CARDIFF AND LIMERICK. Not with our current disciplinery record , if we want to win anything this problem simply has to be addressed. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
USED TO BE WESTMIDS ALEC
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

We have to win every other group game now and on current form and on our indiscipline I can't see us doing that.

We have to look now to getting what we can out of a bad situation and seeing if we can do better in Europe next season. Getting some momentum and confidence back into the team is the aim as I can't see European qualification being a possibility now. How low we have fallen in Europe in two years since Jonno and Backy retired.
:( :( :( :(
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

That is very harsh. If the Ref had spotted Ogara's knock-on, we might all be dancing to a different tune this morning, with confidence running high. Now we face an impossible task, I agree, but let's not forget how close we came, thanks to the forwards. I still maintain the backs do not have enough flair to open up tight defences, but that only means we won't win pots - we will still beat average teams who maybe don't defend as well as some.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Not sure I would Phil, as it would have been a very narrow victory which would have been barely deserved. Unlucky in a way, but you could say that Munster would have felt on yesterday's performance, unlucky to lose, if O'Gara's knock-on had been spotted. Is there a case for video evidence during a game there as such things are very crucial in a game?
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Video evidence would be difficult - stop start stop start - I would rather have the situation the way it is - win a few lose a few.

Games, seasons, championships turn sometimes on the smallest things. That's sport.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

WE CAN WIN. We just need to win at Thormond and rewrite history!!! Not an easy task, but on yesterday's performance, possible!
outwide

Post by outwide »

If you play like that in Tomond Park you will lose by at least 10 points.
Think of Gloucester and Sale and that is what Thomond park does to away opposition.
I think we would have come away yesterday happy with a bonus point and deny you one in Limerick.
Neil Back you are now forgiven...................
HurlerOnDeDitch

Post by HurlerOnDeDitch »

There is a lot of rugby to be played before we meet again.

Good luck next weekend against Cardiff. They got a great result in France at the weekend and are tough to beat at home.

Bourgoin will be stinging from that result too and could really put it up to Munster.
To the Brave and Faithful, Nothing is Impossible!
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Yesterday

Post by voice of the crumbie »

I agree in essence with Phil B.

We had plenty of chances which we did not take, too many knock-ons etc. Munster had 2 chances which they took superbly. Add this to O'gara's kicking and Burke's 2 misses = lost game. Same can happen in any game. Answer lies in our own hands. That being the case, we have ability to win our other group games - even at Thomond Pk - we've won at difficult places before.

We do need to keep our discipline though. Daily Mail this morning reports that the additional 10 metres awarded by ref on last penalty was caused by Jennings' reaction to penalty. Understandable in the heat of the moment perhaps but something we should work given this result and those in the past.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Tom_Naz the Tiger

Post by Tom_Naz the Tiger »

Agree with the other posts that we should of won, it will be difficult to qualify from here, but can we realistically write off our chances after one game? I dont think so

There were alot of positives to take from the game, (and a bonus point, which Munster didnt get, so stright away theres a two point difference)

We need to win and win well at home (bonus point every game) and start that off with a convincing win away to Cardiff, which i hope we will coz il be there!

We do not need to win away at Munster necessarily - remember the two best runners up qualify too, and if we get the wins and 4 tries weve got every chance of doing that.

It really annoys me sometimes when people give up on the team so quickly.
What would it be like if the players did the same??

We were unlucky and came very close in a pulsating game, in what i think was our best perfermance of the season to date.

Keep the faith!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Can we do it? Course we can! Any other attitude is negative. We've made life difficult for ourselves now granted, but 2 out of 3 away wins and winning all our home games could just be enough. Think back to the tremendous win in France last season, its not beyond us!
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Yesterday

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments Tom.

Don't give up and get behind the team starting in Cardiff.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
smith482
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by smith482 »

yes we can do it but lets tighten up on silly mistakes and capitalise on the time we spend in the opponents half. We have the team to do it with the right tweaking
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Can we win

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

ALECW wrote:Can we win in BURGOIN, CARDIFF AND LIMERICK.
Corry said this yesterday 'Of course we can', guys we lost by a couple of points, it's not like the wheels came off (see Toulouse's result!)

So can we still do it? Of course we Bl**dy well can, we're Tigers we win it's what we do.
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

As Ronan O'Gara said after the match yesterday ' if anyone can win at Thomond Park it's Tigers'.

We have managed to get out ogf the last two 'pools of death' so maybe we can repeat the trick.

I won't be putting money on it though.