Tigers v Munster

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

No8

Tigers v Munster

Post by No8 »

Awesome first half Tigers - but why aren't we in the lead???

Corry, Chuter, Deacon, Vesty, Moody, Castro et al all playing out of their skins; 2nd half, let's see ANDY GOODE!!!
valencia tiger

Post by valencia tiger »

listening online with the beeb out here in Valencia what a game.........
living valencia and missing my rugby and beer
valencia tiger

Post by valencia tiger »

nnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooo :(
living valencia and missing my rugby and beer
ulster_jamesie

Post by ulster_jamesie »

oh dear... you shoulda thumped them. especially after that guff that 'gara came out with through the week :? poor stuff all round :oops:
SnapperRevolty

Post by SnapperRevolty »

Pat Howard can you explain playing Burke in these conditions and then taking Moody off when he was playing a blinder...Jennings gives away six points losing the match.
ulster_jamesie

Post by ulster_jamesie »

don't sign munster/leinster rejects then!!! :lol:
vinniechan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by vinniechan »

Um...
I think we lost a good game :evil:
Moody actually convinced me he had the potential at 7 in this match. Jennings is normally a very composed character but he was unlucky to give crucial penalties away :( . Corry was quite solid but he wasnt at his best. We need that to win a match. front 5 was awesome. Chuter (apart from one or 2 miss throws) and kay stood out.
I dont think Paul Burk played that badly but Goode was the better choice
Both Bemand and Ellis had a good game, glad to see Ellis has imporved his passing.
The backs played well generally, but Gibbson was unfortunate to mess up a prime oppotunaty. I am unsure about the Varndell. Can we credit Munster defence for not seeing Varndell with the ball much?
It was good game, but we didnt punish them for their mistakes enough from my point of view.
vinniechan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by vinniechan »

SnapperRevolty wrote:Pat Howard can you explain playing Burke in these conditions and then taking Moody off when he was playing a blinder...Jennings gives away six points losing the match.
I agree to u. In many ways Moody and Jennings are simular so u cant' actually justify playing Jennings as an impact sub. If u wanna do it, why not bring on Luke Abraham and I guarantee he would change style of play.
Tho I said Burk wasnt doing much wrong, a big game like that is not exactly an ideal situation to "try things" out such as bringing on a new starting line 10 :?
I am confused Sigh...
mtcmolloy

varndell

Post by mtcmolloy »

[quote="vinniechan"]Um...
I think we lost a good game :evil:
Moody actually convinced me he had the potential at 7 in this match. Jennings is normally a very composed character but he was unlucky to give crucial penalties away :( . Corry was quite solid but he wasnt at his best. We need that to win a match. front 5 was awesome. Chuter (apart from one or 2 miss throws) and kay stood out.
I dont think Paul Burk played that badly but Goode was the better choice
Both Bemand and Ellis had a good game, glad to see Ellis has imporved his passing.
The backs played well generally, but Gibbson was unfortunate to mess up a prime oppotunaty. I am unsure about the Varndell. Can we credit Munster defence for not seeing Varndell with the ball much?
It was good game, but we didnt punish them for their mistakes enough from my point of view.[/quote]

I think the weather was the winner on the day
littlemark

Post by littlemark »

Considering the conditions, an excellent match to watch regardless of the result. I thought Tigers had more than enough ball to win the game, Munster took their few chances well. Once again, if Leicester can finish off some of the great forwards play, we'll be in with a shout of winning something.

My biggest worry is that I looked on this game as a 'must win' since to make any progress in the HC you have to win your home games. This now means Tigers will likely have to win most, if not all, their away games, as well as home matches to progress. On todays showing this seems a little unlikely.

Munster to top table, Tigers will be very lucky to finish a good second I think.

Mark
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

What a cracker! One of the most enjoyable games to watch I've seen in ages!

Bags of grunt and groan and lots of mud........and no little skill from the backs, given the conditions. Shame about the result though.

Shame Pat didn't get the 10 selection right and oh, for some discipline. That ten yards really cost us.

Well played Munster and God bless your fans! Mind you boys, you'd better do some work on the old scrummaging machine. You guys were really creaking!

And a message from the wife to Mr Chuter.

SHAVE THAT :censored: BEARD OFF!

Out with the guitars and banjos, out with the Remy and Bushmills. I'm not at work int the morning!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

Why wasn't Andy Goode playing the whole way through?
Pat should have played him for the first half when it was really crucial.
Leinster Heineken Cup champions 2009
Ireland Grand Slam champions 2009

http://sites.google.com/site/ritamarielawlor/
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Some wonderful individual efforts .... but ......

Tigers will not win anything with

a) such a chronic inability to score when on top, and even worse

b) continuing poor discipline

Munster were much better in both departments, which is why they won.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Could have won, should have won.

Burke is the second choice 10, why on earth start him?
As for the comments that cost us the last penalty kick.
The perpetrator should be stopped a month's wages.

It will be blo*dy difficult to win the group now but if they can win at fortress WR
we can win there.
A life long Tiger
ulster_jamesie

Post by ulster_jamesie »

Smudge wrote:Could have won, should have won.

...why?
Last edited by ulster_jamesie on Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.