Tigers v Munster

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

Talking back to the ref cost you the game plain and simple.

Given that the ref made a mistake awarding the penalty in the first place, it would have taken the patience of a saint not to say something.

And the ref was very, very quick to march Tigers back the extra 10m. It was hardly a prolonged bit of dissent from Jennings - the words had barely left his mouth when Owens decided to put the kick within range.
outwide

Post by outwide »

If you backchat the ref you should get punished.
Do you agree that point?
Neil Back you are now forgiven...................
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

I do agree. It is, however, incredibly harsh to blame Jennings. I know I would not have been able to keep quiet.

The ref made the mistake in giving the penalty (though it was an understandable mistake given that the knock on was only obvious on reply) and Jennings made a mistake in informing him that he had erred.

Most refs would have let it go, understanding the frustrations of the players, and some are a bit more precious than that (and Owens had already demonstrated which he was when he marched Tigers back 20m previously).
outwide

Post by outwide »

Jennings made a mistake in informing him that he had erred.

I think he was a bit more outspoken than that :wink:
Cockerill did not help matters with the ref either.Sledging the touch judge goes on all the time but outright abuse directed at him and the ref meant every decision was punished and rightly so.

By the way I have just about dried out :lol:
Neil Back you are now forgiven...................
Sparkie

Post by Sparkie »

I said at the end of last season all the tigers need to do to win silverware is to stop giving away silly penalties. Some hope. :D
The older I get the better I use to play.
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

i am sooooooooooo happy!!! it was a great game. i was the lunactic munster fan in the back row of the crumbie, sitting in bills spo for anyone who knows it!
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!
Sparkie

Post by Sparkie »

Cockerill gave away more meters than any one in his time as a player,in factI believe that the subject of his indisipline was raised at an AGM. We might have thought that age might have mellowed him but obviously it hasn't:D
The older I get the better I use to play.
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

At least for the first time in a long time the passion is back.

I remeber carnt quite remeber the date but must have benn late 90s at Glocester the ref gave a penalty just outside the Gloucs 22 and we eneded up nearly in our own when Johnno, Cocky, backy etc would not shut up. Think he gave about 40m beofrer anyone shut up.

Yes we need ocntrolled passion but firsst we need passion we have had none!
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

orla - mumha abú! wrote:i am sooooooooooo happy!!! it was a great game. i was the lunactic munster fan in the back row of the crumbie, sitting in bills spo for anyone who knows it!
Orla, you are not alone! I had to tape it and watch it later as we had friends over. While watching it later, and leicester were winning 19-18 i was looking up the Saints result (which wasn't too bad considering the circumstances) when i saw the result of the Munster/Tigers game. Munster were then awarded the penalty. My Immediate reaction was 'No Way!' already knowing the result of the kick. Absolutely fantastic. And Donncha's try. What can i say. Sensational
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Yep...great run for the line, but slightly fortuitous wouldn't you agree !!?
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

i was just jupming up and down shouting run donncha run!! i just couldnt believe it!

European Champions 2006!
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

orla - mumha abú! wrote:i was just jupming up and down shouting run donncha run!! i just couldnt believe it!
I couldn't believe it that no one managed to catch up with him, though to be fair the only people chasing him were Ben Kay and Louis Deacon, but we don't need to talk about that.....
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

ya i know. i really didnt think he was going to make it!

European Champions 2006!