Farrell

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

yesterdays events seem to back up my point that this seems to be very expensive white elephant

I would have thought £700k would for example be well spent bring on young players

Here is an example

Tigers have to some peoples eyes controversially loaning out players to Div 1 clubs - but I actually see this as good development of these youngsters rather than them sitting on their backsides in the stands - Now maybe the RFU could be paying there wages whilst they are away - freeing up money for the biggar clubs to develop and meanwhile releiving the cash strapped div 1 clubs of the wage bill.
EssexTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by EssexTiger »

Here' s another further Farrell thought!

Perhaps he is no longer good enough?

Too slow

Too old

Too long in League - burnt out.

Not got the desire anymore?

I know he was one of the best but he is looking more and more like one of the old Southern Hemisphere players who arrive on our shores for a last fling (+money).

As somebody said earlier - thanks heavens he didn't come to WR
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

Wait and see its to early to judge after 18mths of no rugby at all he would look off the pace if it was RL let alone RU.

He has many skills that I wish our backrow forwards have. He is aleader of men with fantastivc skill levels. Having a backrow witht eh skills of a centre may prove very useful after he has had a few games to learn.

Yes he may never make it but at leat give him a chance he has had no game time.
King Kong
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by King Kong »

The problem is there was no joined up thinking. No one seems to have told Sarries what to do with him, and the RFU themselves arent sure, but they dont want him at 6 where Sarries are putting him. Nobody thought it through, and nobody told anybody else about what should be happening.
EssexTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by EssexTiger »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 411208.stm

If they are confused - what about the rest of us!
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I keep coming back to it - happy to give him a chance to convert - but let him do whatever he has to at his club - once he's good enough bring him into the international set up - meanwhile give someone who is proven the chance
EssexTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by EssexTiger »

Yes I also agree with that. I am thinking we should be investing in the young talent.

Maybe this World cup is lost, but even so I think bringing in Farrell and the return of Dayglo, plus other 'experienced' players is very negative.

I think also the disarray in RFU ranks is counter productive. Bringing in a defence coach whose club team had one of the worst defensive records, plus Andrews who can talk up a good storm but has not produced very much at Newcastle, other than a cup win.

John Wells I rate highly and would take his advice on Farrell's conversion.
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 412940.stm

this is on the bbc website. Can I ask, why is Robinson spending so much time on this one man, who's only played one game of union, when he should be concentrating on the National team and the World Cup Campaign.

I'm amazed at the waste of time and money this has taken up.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061