Injury crisis?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rizzo

Injury crisis?

Post by Rizzo »

According to today's Leicester Mercury, Tigers have somewhat of an injury crisis - see link

http://tinyurl.com/qa6od

Any thoughts on this?
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Headers
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Headers »

Put the A league team out then , there doing ok
is growing bonsai a big thing
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

Headers wrote:Put the A league team out then , there doing ok
Yes cos that would work against a full strength team. :roll:
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Many of the youngsters struggle with cramp after a full 80 minutes with the development team, so I doubt they'd be able to play a full match with a first team from Dragons anyway.

What makes it annoying and worrying is the prospect of losing many of the match fit players we DO have to various training camps etc - I know this applies to other teams too, but it does concern me. I don't think we can or should underestimate Dragons by putting out a weakened team, but we may be forced into a corner.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

the unnoffy site says that Humphries loan is cancelled due to Goode's injury ??
Less is more....
Chris Lunson
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Chris Lunson »

Even if there is an injury crisis we have many good young players in our squad to cover for the injured playrs and make a claim for a regular first team place.

Buckland
Hamilton
Cornwell
Humphreys
J.Murphy
Abraham
etc.
tigermilo

Post by tigermilo »

As someone who was at the game last season , when they absolutely mullered a very below par Tigers we should be worried. It is worrying when we are only just into the season , when only weeks ago we were being told about how well the new conditioning coach had done with the players
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

Having been to all 3 Dev games this season. And very 1 sided affairs they were. Although it would seem like a good idea to play the Dev team. Which team would it be. A great number of players have been used across the 3 games, including a certain Pat Howard at one stage. I would like to think that PH would put as good a side out as he can. With the Inurys mentioned some 2nd & 3rd choice players will get some game time anyway. Of the regular Dev players maybe Humphries deserves another chance to step up. With Burkey on the bench incase he chokes again. I'm sure its in the back of PH's mind as well that this is the last home game before the Munster match. Will he use the 3 anglo games as preperation for that. Or will he just take each game as it comes?
moody#2 fan

Post by moody#2 fan »

Where di Ian Humphrey's get sent out on loan to?
boondock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by boondock »

ooopss - i thought this would be a thread discussing the sad plight of your nearest and dearest gp neighbours! :wink:

more seriously there is a broader isue about injured rugby players of course - what does it say that more than half of the england elite squad couldnt train this week? :?
nwnreader

Post by nwnreader »

Maybe we should be talking about the legal additives. Creatin is the standard one, and is known to cause increased bone brittleness and reduced ligament elasticity. So the price of some (?) more rapid increase in size - as opposed to harder gym work - is increased risk of injury.
If Tigers become Lions, how do Lions become Pussycats?