Thompson out Chuter in ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Thompson out Chuter in ?

Post by Chobbsy »

It it has been announced Steve Thompson is out for 6 weeks and is unlikely to make the autumn internationals, on current form will we see George in the England # 2 shirt?
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

On current form and on his form for England over the summer I'd say there is a very real chance. He has to be the leading contender.
fierysam

Post by fierysam »

I've been mulling over this, and I reckon that it's looking very likely, given that George was knocking on the door for England last season....... last thing that we need, given that we will already be losing White, probably Ayerza (Puma's for the Autumn Ints)........ I really hope that Italy aren't also playing anywhere at the same time, otherwise Castro will probably be missing too!!! We're going to be left pretty weak in the front row at this rate!!!
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Iain wrote:On current form and on his form for England over the summer I'd say there is a very real chance. He has to be the leading contender.
Iain, who else is in the running. Mears I suppose, but what happened to Titteral he really was knocking on the door but seems to have disappeared
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Chobbsy wrote:Iain, who else is in the running. Mears I suppose, but what happened to Titteral he really was knocking on the door but seems to have disappeared

He can't even get a starting place at Sale if memory serves me correctly. Bruno is their number one isn't he? I don't rate him anyway.
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

Just had to laugh at the inconsistency on this forum!

Half of us want Buckland in front of Chuter, and half of us want Chuter in for England! :lol:
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

unohoo wrote:Just had to laugh at the inconsistency on this forum!

Half of us want Buckland in front of Chuter, and half of us want Chuter in for England! :lol:
As much as I like Cabbage, there is no competition between him and George, I think George is the best English hooker in the game at the moment
fierysam

Post by fierysam »

I have to agree whole heartedly with you Chobbsy. George is by far the man on form!
And I so want him to get more England caps under his belt, he thoroughly deserves them!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

unohoo wrote:Just had to laugh at the inconsistency on this forum!

Hey, its great to have England's #1 and #2 isn't it :D

Chuter is a seriously good footballer ..... his weakness is the odd 'mad' day throwing in and his size (if you subscribe to the 'big is beautiful' theory of OBNC).

Buckland is a little bigger and, arguably, better for the line out. However, perhaps not such a good all round footballer.

Either way, we are very well served in that position.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I would think George will be well in with a chance, and thankfully we would still have James Buckland as back up for us.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Chris Lunson
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Chris Lunson »

Rizzo wrote:I would think George will be well in with a chance, and thankfully we would still have James Buckland as back up for us.
I think that on their day Chuter is a better hooker than Thompson. He is better at scrumaging and is more consistent at throwing in at the lineouts.