Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kuzza
Super User
Super User

Farrell, the RFU and investment

Post by kuzza »

http://tinyurl.co.uk/2a0k

Farrell sent back to Sarries from England training to play with Sarries' A team. Hmmm.

The RFU lure Farrell over from league for a record fee and then the Head Coach sends him home.

Now, surely the most fundamental rule to invest is to buy cheap sell high. All our money is sent over to league, who have got the best years out of Farrell and we paid a ton for him. I guess the wise old heads aren't exactly the shrewest investors, if they were, perhaps they'd invest in our youngsters properly...
banbury tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by banbury tiger »

with all due respect kuzza
i think they're right in doing so it's only a small 3 day training camp and he would progress his skills better back with the sarries.
well atleast that's what the rfu tell us :?
Goffer3404
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goffer3404 »

Poor old Olly Barkley. Now everyone knows his problems.....
TigerTimmy

Post by TigerTimmy »

Did think that was a bit unneeded. Couldnt they just have gone with groin injury?

There's no point in Farrel training with England till he can play the game properly. He was only there in the first place because the RFU brought him and not on merit.
www.myspace.com/polarbeauty (Random electronic doodlings)
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Farrell

Post by jack »

Financially a good move for the bloke. Practically, a farce. Wigan have probably had the last laugh. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe Sarries will get some benefit but its looking doubtful. Clearly an England session must be of some use or, however few attended it wouldnt be held. Therefore on a human level, its an acute embarassment for the bloke. He is obviously more at sea than we realise.
Tigers - true Champions!