THIS SATURDAYS KICK OFF TIME

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

andy
Top Cat
Top Cat

THIS SATURDAYS KICK OFF TIME

Post by andy »

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY THE GAME IS A 5.30 KICK OFF ????
CANT FIND THE GAME ON ANY TV LISTINGS
wellbutthatcouldbe

Post by wellbutthatcouldbe »

Its on S4C. I might watch it with the sound off!
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Not only do we have sky dictating to us about what time we can kick off. We now have a poxy welsh channel dictating to us as well. :censored: marvelous. :evil:
peeje

Post by peeje »

temper temper!! :lol:
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Yeah, but if there was no Sky, there would be no rugby on TV at all....
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

g wrote:Not only do we have sky dictating to us about what time we can kick off. We now have a poxy welsh channel dictating to us as well. :censored: marvelous. :evil:

But G, this is "a Mickey Mouse cup that no-one is interested in playing in", so why the problem? :wink:
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I think we should be pleased for those who can't get to the game that they'll have a chance to watch it - we get so few games shown on Sky or satellite that anything should be an advantage. And people would moan even more if it had been moved to a Friday night or a Sunday instead.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

My point is that we are being dictated too by all bleeding tv channels.

It don't matter what competition it was I'm just sick of tv companies having the final say on kik off times.

Next they'll be saying we have to play at 2.00 on a Wednesday morning just so the poor bloke in Australia can watch the game. :evil:
Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Simmo »

It's by special request......

So I can go up town after the game and get p****d......but not too early!!!
Simmo
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

g wrote:My point is that we are being dictated too by all bleeding tv channels.

It don't matter what competition it was I'm just sick of tv companies having the final say on kik off times.

Next they'll be saying we have to play at 2.00 on a Wednesday morning just so the poor bloke in Australia can watch the game. :evil:
So how do we replace the TV revenue, when they stop showing our matches, cos we don't play when they want?
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

I think its a great time. Quick dash into town after the match to the Walkabout to watch the Munster V Ulster game. Just need a spare ST for a new Tigers fan who wants to go along. Took her to the dev games & she's hooked. She couldn't get over how friendly everyone was.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I fail to see how two and a half hours difference on a Saturday afternoon is worth worrying about. Even those who travel further shouldn't be affected too badly. Its not like the majority of us work on a Sunday morning in any case.
And g why are you worried? You've publicly stated you're not going in any case! Be grateful its shown on telly so you have a chance to watch it!
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Without TV sponsership and broadcasting, most sports would shrivel up and die.

The number of people watching on TV always massively outnumbers the spectators inside the venue.

I think it is only right for the TV companies to ask to move kick off times to try and get as many people to see the game as possible.

I'm not belittling the inout of the paying fans who see the games live; sport would not exist without these people either, but you cannot dismiss outright the needs of the TV companies.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Firstly Iain

I do actually work on Saturdays and SUNDAYS as it happens. And secondly we won't be watching it on TV as we are in Worcester.

You are beginning to sound like a cracked record with your " Well g you publicly stated this that and the other" give it a rest will you I'm merely making a bleeding point.
Last edited by g on Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlyingTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by FlyingTiger »

5:30 KO marvellous! I have to travel 80+ miles to WR so its a bed at the Holiday Inn Express Walkers. A few beers and maybe a ruby or a steak aor both after the game and a few more beers - Don't just love the Taffs!! + no haunting sounds of the X factor eminating from my lounge for me to hear!!
The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach