Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Young Murphy

Post by mightymouse »

Everyone is always desperate for us to be positive on here - so here goes

I agree with the lead story on the home page - I thought young Murphy had a very good debut - I saw him last year in the development team a couple of times and liked him then.

He has pace and guile, good hands, good under the high ball and can tackle - seems to tick all the boxes - Well done Andy Key keep the coming!!
anything_but_ordinary
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by anything_but_ordinary »

yeah i have to agree with you one hundred percent!!

johnny is a fantastic player and it just proves what our academy is doing i mean you look at the people we have had come through the academy, the deacs, harry ellis, ollie smith, matt smith, tom croft . . there are probs alot more but i cant think right now!!!

johnny was outstanding on monday night and thoroughly deserved to be in that team!!!

GOOD ON YA JOHNNY!!!!
ITS ME EMILY!
JUS FANCIED A CHANGE!!!
Chris Lunson
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Chris Lunson »

i think jonny was brilliant against Quins, but lets not get carried away lets see how good he is after 10 or so games.
Hairy Egg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Hairy Egg »

I was very impressed with Johnny against 'Quins on saturday. I hadn't seen him play before so was keeping an eye on him (among others) and I have to say I didn't see him put a foot wrong.

Good hands, good feet, and not afraid to get stuck in...

Could turn out to be a very useful player.
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

There's always the fear that a young guy can look overawed and out of place when making their first start.

Johnny looked totally at home against Quins and seems to have an impressive temprament. Long may it continue!