Worst display i have seen for years

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Worst display i have seen for years

Post by tigerman »

I must say tigers were awful today, you all rant about Harry but his display today like most of the tigers team was pee poor , Scotty came on & changed the game , to me that was our our only plus point i really don't know what has happened to the tigers???
big john
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by big john »

every other games scotty has played he was very poor.

give the guys time to play, not sure why if harry and tom were coming back from inj they didt play half a game on monday cause johnny and ollie both played full games!!
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

well i'm not sure you have seen scotty play if you think that :? :? :? :? :?
bigstef
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by bigstef »

Scott Beamand has done an unbelievably good job whilst covering for Harry, but thats just it he is cover, Hazza still coming back from injury but he really has that special something, for me i'd rather have harry on the pitch anyday
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

True it was an inept display. But in the Dean Richards tradition we ground out a win. Harry is not upto speed, SB is the form no 9 at the moment. Burke played a poor game.
Corry played well in patches but misses Gibson to move the backs. No one is a line breaker!
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

I agree we miss Gibson, but didn't Hipkiss break the line on at least 2 occassions?
The problem was he had no support except once when Moody was taken out of the ball.
Where we need the dynamism is also in the backrow and, apart from Moody, that was not there, I started another thread on selection in the backrow.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

I thought Dan, Scott and Sam all made some good breaks in the match. Problem is that it all too often leads to nothing due to poor support running and/or poor passes and/or handling errors. The backs often seem to have little co-ordination or understanding between them and the wingers are awol at crucial times.
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

All i want to say is it wasn't the best performance but we got the result away from home and thats all that matters.
Hipkiss played brilliantly, he's really gone up in my book. Also the front three were awsome yesterday, especially White who destroyed his man. Very strong front row who disrupted everything. Well done lads, i still believe in you!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I only got to see the second half (Soar Point showing football first), but it wasn't that bad was it? Scrum was solid, ground it out in the forwards, another try disallowed and we won. Unless the first half was truly dismal I'm sure there have been worse. Either way, the result will do for me.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Iain wrote:I only got to see the second half (Soar Point showing football first), but it wasn't that bad was it? Scrum was solid, ground it out in the forwards, another try disallowed and we won. Unless the first half was truly dismal I'm sure there have been worse. Either way, the result will do for me.
Sadly, the first half was truly dismal; the worst GP rugby shown so far this season.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

Iain wrote:I only got to see the second half (Soar Point showing football first), but it wasn't that bad was it? Scrum was solid, ground it out in the forwards, another try disallowed and we won. Unless the first half was truly dismal I'm sure there have been worse. Either way, the result will do for me.
Ian didnt you accuse me of being unfair when I made my point about Leicester not being a place to watch Rugby in pubs. You have just vindicated my point. Roll on the opening of the Walkabout on Granby St Thurs night. A Rugby pub in Leicester City Centre at last.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

No, I said you were unfair in being critical of Leicester as a place to go out drinking. As it goes I could have watched the game at Welford Road, and I'm sure if I had looked hard enough there would have been other places showing the game. However I had arranged to meet a friend in the Soar Point.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Iain wrote:No, I said you were unfair in being critical of Leicester as a place to go out drinking. As it goes I could have watched the game at Welford Road, and I'm sure if I had looked hard enough there would have been other places showing the game. However I had arranged to meet a friend in the Soar Point.
:lol: Definately a sore point. If Leicester was a good place to watch Rugby you wouldnt have had to look too hard. And I was being critical of Leicester City Centre of being both not very friendly & no good if you want to watch Rugby. Anyway what kind of Tigers fane are you? who didnt ensure the game would be on. I watched it all. Made sure I was in front of a tele to watch it & I'm not even a Tigers fan. Anyway will you be making the effort to watch the A team tonight? see you there if you do :wink: If you see me & say hello I'll stand you a pint. :lol:
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

There is an outside chance I might go... if I get done in the library at uni in time, dodge the rush hour traffic from Nottingham, drop in on my parents where the tickets are sat and get home in time I might well drop along. I'll be easy to spot, I'll be wearing, er, a Tigers shirt!

Dailywaffle, I'll have to take your word for it that the first half was that bad. I can only vouch for the second half, which my view of is that it was workmanlike and effective.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Iain wrote:There is an outside chance I might go... if I get done in the library at uni in time, dodge the rush hour traffic from Nottingham, drop in on my parents where the tickets are sat and get home in time I might well drop along. I'll be easy to spot, I'll be wearing, er, a Tigers shirt!
Funnily enough I wont :lol: