how bad are we?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

A win on the road is very important. It is always goignt to be a dog fight against any team Deano is in charge of.

YEs to be Champs we will need to do more but its a building blovk. iwould rather win than loose playing nice rugby.

We are strong enought to make the top 4 then anything can happen. Isuspect we dont have enough guile to go to far in Europe but with a couple of new signings and a nother year for the youngsters we will be not to far awy over the next 2-3 sesons.
anything_but_ordinary
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by anything_but_ordinary »

do u no what that stupid man who calls himself a commentator . . .i cacnt even dignify it with its name . . . was on harry's backso much . . . but yet what the hairyqueens scrum how many times was that bloke offside????

but yet as soon as the opposition go a man down harry is off and scotty was on . . . it always happens this then makes harry look like a bad scrum half cause scotty scored . . . . if skins was on the pitch as well i am sure it would have been a diferent story.

i was also very dissappointed in the hairyqueens fans slow clapping everytime there was an injured player how disrespectful i feel ashamed when it happens down welford road and after hearing what it sounds like on the telly it makes me feel even worse.
ITS ME EMILY!
JUS FANCIED A CHANGE!!!
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

Don't say about the Quins fans slow handclapping about injuries, we are not to good ourselves remember JW at WR we booed him of the pitch, so we must be a disgrace aswell
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

i think we covered that quite comprehensively at the time tigerman, nobody was booing JW it was the Ref that was being booed because of yet another bad decision.

ON THE TIGERS POOR DISPLAY OVER THE LAST 3 MATCHES, FIRST THING THAT SHOULD BE LOOKED AT IS THE COACHES...........

Our guys are lacking in direction and i'll say it again and again, they are lacking in TEAM SPIRIT and that is worse.

I reckon our team are pretty unhappy and it shows on the pitch.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

so what are we going to do about the lack of team spirit then Nik :?
Ukin

Post by Ukin »

Lozza wrote:15-21................a win is a win is a win! 8)

Not as good as it could have been by any stretch of the imagination........................had our opposition been any 'stronger' we would have lost out big time!

My biggest gripe is the amount of penalties we concede. Hopefully (fingers and everything else crossed) somebody somewhere (Pat, C o c k ers, or anyone else) can sort this out! :roll:

We are now 5th in the table - and hopefully the trend will be an upward one!
Someone at last shows intelligence and knowledge of the game!

it's the lack of discipline that will cost us at the end. Until that is sorted out, we will be giving too many penalties away and against better teams, that spells disaster...just like last year.

Those who are slagging off Burke and Harry....think about this for a second. Both have just come back from injury, both lack match fitness, we were playing a "soft" team today and therefore it was right to bring them back for this game. We were also missing both centers and it cannot be easy for anyone to play with 'new' players all at once!

Patience boys and girls is a virtue! We won, yes badly, but we won.
A Melton lad, living in Spain.
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Jaysus. OK, that wasn't great, but it was four points away from home, and in the end I left the Stoop hoarse from shouting and feeling OK. Until I got home and read this load of whingeing. Lozza is on the money - the indiscipline could have cost us dear, but in the end that was a good run-out for some guys who are probably going to have to step up in the autumn international window. And it was great to see Ollie up for it.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Yes we won and an away win against anyone in the GP is never going to be easy, so in that respect it was a good result. However it was not a convincing performance and for much of the match Quins looked sharper than Tigers did and we didn't even dominate up front.

For me, as far as the current season is concerned, we could still be up there at the end with the best of them, but not without significant improvement. First of all PH needs to select the strongest available team for every match (injuries, internationals and burn out risk excepted) and play them in their strongest position. He needs to forget all this 'giving everyone a fair chance' rubbish. That is an isue for the development team.

In short Pat - toughen up! - I can't believe I need to say this to an Aussie!

PS: Why did we let Skinners go?
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

tigerman that's down to the coaches, backroom staff and the team to sort out and down to us stay behind our team and support them.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

agree completely, Nik. We need to sort out the discipline, but it wasn't as bad as some people on here are making out. A win is a win - an away win is better.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

A glance at the table shows how vital that win was.

So we got the better of a scrappy game and took the points? Every title winning team has a few of those under its belt.

Nobody won anything by relying on Champagne Rugby every week.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
wing commander
Tiger Cub

Post by wing commander »

Have read most of the posts on several threads and they seem to be split more or less 2 ways- either a poor performance but the win's the thing; or it's all doom and gloom, sack the lot and start again.

Surely the win is important, but so is the performance-I seem to remember spending the summer watching the England kiss ball team playing badly-yet "the win's the thing" was t he mantra-until we got knocked out by the mighty Portuguese. Yes, we need to win ugly sometimes, the great teams all do that, but we are also capable of playing great rugby, eg Sale on the first day. The good teams, the consistently successful teams, know what to do and set their own agenda, forcing the opposition to respond or go under-we seem to play well for 10 or 15 minutes, then relax, allow the opposition back into the game and then get panicked (Glaws at home). In the majority of games I've seen over the past couple of years we have not set our own agenda... the Bath game at the Walkers and the Championship final of last year being the worst 2 examples. I hate it when Barnes talks about mental weakness-but he could be right
The Countess of Welford
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by The Countess of Welford »

Unless we get some coherent play amongst our backs and more passion generally, then I think we're looking at being 5th or 6th in the table at the end of the season with an early exit from the HC. :(
Anthony
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Anthony »

wing commander wrote:In the majority of games I've seen over the past couple of years we have not set our own agenda... the Bath game at the Walkers and the Championship final of last year being the worst 2 examples. I hate it when Barnes talks about mental weakness-but he could be right
Agree, when we set our own agenda, i.e against Sale we played them off the park, but it is to easy to let teams back into the game with penalties caused by lack of discipline.