Team vs Quins

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

anything_but_ordinary
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by anything_but_ordinary »

shame bout lloydys injury but i am glad to see ollie on the bench!!!!

johnny murphy is absoluty amazing and on monday if any saw him play then my word does he deserve this start!!!

glad harry is back now!!! and burke well i htink he is really good!

that front row!!! ouch!!! lol martin castrogiavanni is amazing i think he was the best signing we made!!!!!!!

should make for interesting watching if will skinner is playing for quins!!!!!
ITS ME EMILY!
JUS FANCIED A CHANGE!!!
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Having watched Johnny Murphy alot last season in the developement side before he had the bad injury, he is very good, however I would have played him at fullback and left Geordan on the wing.

On a seperate note where is Matt Smith ?
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

<<There are possbly only 2 fly halves in the league better than Goode at the moment. IMHO. Hodgeson and Barkley.>>

A bold statement. Especially given some of the performances of Spencer, and the fact that Barkley is playing at 12. I gather Willie Walker's been very impressive, too.

With this selection, only 4 weeks into the seaosn the ONLY consistent pick has been Chuter at hooker. Every other position has seen 2 or 3 different starters.

How's that going to get any kind of consistency going?
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

Chobbsy wrote:Having watched Johnny Murphy alot last season in the developement side before he had the bad injury, he is very good, however I would have played him at fullback and left Geordan on the wing.

On a seperate note where is Matt Smith ?

Hello Chobbsy.....I have to agree with you there. Thats how I would of played it. But what do you or I know. And I'm 'sad' anyway (your words). :lol: Will you be at the development game on Monday? I'd love to have a chat with you....And after you see what a lovely bloke I am, I will even let you buy me a pint or 2 :wink: Does your pocket money stretch to a couple of pints? :lol:
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Sorry I don't do developement matches any more too far to travel.
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

Chobbsy wrote:Sorry I don't do developement matches any more too far to travel.

No need to apologise Chobbsy. I must say I was impressed that you traveled for MK for Dev games in the 1st place. Now just watch J Murphy have a nightmare now that me & you have been bigging him up :roll: It always happens. :lol: I'll wait for me few pints at a 1st team game :lol:
banbury tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by banbury tiger »

hooray ellis is back !! :D :D
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

Considering the injuries this is a good selection. The bench is very strong too.

Murphy at 15 should mean we will see more of Varndel. Except for interceptions VArndell scored most of his tries last season when Murphy set him up.

Ellis back and needs to perform since Bemand is doing well shiold make Eliis hungry and on top of his game.

Vesty at 12 is possibly his best position, he is not quite quick enough at 15 but 12 he could be dynamic.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Golden rule which PH has broken many a time, Never play someone out of position....he did it with Corry last week playing him at blindside and it didn't work....Louis Deacon plays everywhere it seems....and Geordan Murphy, who is best at full-back finds himself on the wing mostly !! It can't be good for the players......I am not happy with our centres, without Gibbo we are lightweight and unimaginative.

I fear for us tomorrow, with the "Deano" factor and Quins not having won, it will be interesting to see whether Tigers can actually win away with conviction...its a massive test i think. If we lose this one, we find ourselves further behind and playing catch up for the rest of the season.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Have to agree I am not a big fan of playing players out of position unless it is really necessary so I would certainly prefer to see L. Deacon at 4 not 6, but on the other hand G. Murphy is back in his preferred position at 15 (where he should have stayed all along).

If Ollie Smith is fully fit I would certainly have him starting at 13 in place of Hipkiss. Vesty at 12 could well be a very good call as he will get more opportunities to run the ball from there.

As far as Murphy and Burke are concerned, well I just hope they take their chances well and I would have left Varndell on the bench, for me he is AWOL too much in most matches.

One thing is sure if Tigers don't make a good showing and win this one then things will not be looking good and questions will need to be asked about whether it was really a good idea persuading PH to stay for another year.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Very good point there GKBradley about Tigers needing a win today.

I have to say I am mystified as to why Andy has been left out completely today.

But then we are starting to get used to strange selection decisions by Pat!! :wink: :wink:

Such as Gibbo being left out last week!!