TONIGHT'S RUGBY CLUB

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

I missed it, BJ. Could you please elaborate ?
RayDTuTu

Post by RayDTuTu »

It is repeated on Sky Sports Extra (404) at 2am.
I can't be bothered
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

RayDTuTu wrote:It is repeated on Sky Sports Extra (404) at 2am.
I can't be bothered
Tape it I have...Or is that too much bother as well? :wink:
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: TONIGHT'S RUGBY CLUB

Post by kevf »

BelperJon wrote:It was interesting to hear Deano claim Quins treat their fans better than the Tigers do.

Discuss ...
this may be true as now the ticket office has said if i can't go to a game... i need to knwo 7 days in advance that i'm not going otherwise they keep the money for my ticket and i can't sell it on.... yes i understand about fakes and stuff but it is then penalising me for something i had no control over.... money grabbing if you ask me.

sorry slightly off topic but it seems that they care more about making money than the fans coming to see them... not sure if quins are any different...
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Thanks for the summary, BJ.

It sounds a little like the 'anti-Leicester' comments a few weeks ago attributed to Deano, and commented upon on this forum. It might be something over nothing, but does he still hold a huge grudge against Tigers and the way he was treated ?
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Does anyone have a video or DVD they have recorded of the programme? I haven't seen either showing and would be interested in seeing it? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

I am going to take the chance of getting a good slagging on this forum and back up the Bath Barrell on his comments. As said above, Deano said that the make up & number of Quinns fans versus the Tigers fans meant it was easier for Quinns to be a family club and treat their fans more individually.

The BB was asked for his opinion and he basically said that Tigers were rugby fans through and through and expected wins and trophies and nothing else versus Quinns fans having less expectation of trophy success and therefore looking to get more "family type" stuff out of the club.

I agree that given the choice, I would want the expectation of wins and trophies and big European matches home and away versus a "nicer" yet less successful club - others may disagree though.
Less is more....
JB

Post by JB »

I though Deano made a good point.

Am I alone in feel ing that the club take us for granted. In the recent annual report I recieved there are about 10 lines on supporter relations. it basically said that the club have a very busy website.

Just think about it for a moment

Beer, price increases by 7.2%
Season Tickets, price increase by 30%
I paid £7.40 for a pork bun and a pint at half time on Saturday.

I am a regular in the bar after most home games, I enjoy rock bottom and few beers. It was my first match of the season but the bar was empty in comparison. is this because of prices?

I too would like us win trophies every year, in fact I expect it. That does not mean that I do not expect the better level of service.

I am of to quins on saturday so it will be nice to compare!
JB, Stamford
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

I don't think we (Tigers) have been a fmaily club since the earliest days of professionalism. This isn't a dig at them or lambasting the fact, it is just the way it has to be. We are the biggest club in the country in terms of fans, turnover, merchandising and most other things apart from winning on the pitch. :wink:

To get to a position where we are now making oodles of cash every year, we had to take a business-like approach to our well, business, fairly early on. As a result we are financially secure and in a good position to remain so for the foreseeable future, even when we aren't making money by winning things! We haven't gambled the success of the club with success on it, we have gone a different route. And hopefully, it will allow us to win something sometime soon (please be soon!).

It may be a sad thought to remember the good old days when we were all one big happy family, but although the fans may not be held in as high a stead these days as we were back then (in my humble opinion), I still think the fans haven't done too badly out of professionalism.

And personally I'm with Mr Barnes: I would rather my club was in a position to win things rather than it knowing my name when I walk through the turnstiles.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

JB (didn't read your post before posting mine), I would say that yes, service could be better, and that yes, the club have no right to over-charge a captive market (during games).

Being a close knit family isn't the same as offering good service in my book. I may not have explained my point as well as I had hoped. I know what I mean!!!

But you make some very good points.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Don't want to go into detail, but from personal experience the club seem very introverted. They acknowledge fans rather that embrace them.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
chandler262827
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chandler262827 »

simon redshaw wrote:Does anyone have a video or DVD they have recorded of the programme? I haven't seen either showing and would be interested in seeing it? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
If you miss the repeat, I recorded it on good old VHS, which you'd be welcome to borrow after I've watched it.
---------
I'm not completely worthless, I can be used as a bad example.

Tom
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

simon redshaw wrote:
Does anyone have a video or DVD they have recorded of the programme? I haven't seen either showing and would be interested in seeing it?

It is being repeated again at 4.30pm today on sky sports extra, you may be able to either watch or record that one :lol:
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

To be fair, and I think this has been covered. It was a fairly balanced piece. Yes you could see that your man' felt a bit agrieved by his 'treatment'. But he wasnt hell for leather anti-Leicester, and the guys in the studio did balance it up with their comments. I'm sure people who have supported Leicester for years have seen the changes that success has brought with it. With a new group of success demanding fans. The Club has to adapt to these forces & has done so. In many ways quite successfully, but there are casualty's on the way. One of them being it's diminishment as a family club. Guinness Rugby Club is a very good programme. Really shouldnt be missed.
k1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by k1 »

I think there's a mixture of good and bad about the club.

Entertainment is pretty good after the games and the players are (generally) always friendly and approachable.

My major gripe is the price of beer/food. I really dislike paying over-the-odds for a pint of average beer which is then served in a plastic cup! It's like being a student at the most over-priced SU Bar in the land!