may be in action on the weekend too, just about recognised
the surname did'nt play much for us if I recall? Strange
looking at his CV impressive

Clermont Avergne
Leeds Tykes
ACT Brumbies
Bristol
and Leicster tigers!

Lets hope he doesn't make anymore news for the next couple of weeks!
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

He also played for Bordeaux before he came to Tigers, then went to another French team (not sure which) before going to Leeds for a season, and then heading off to Clermont.

The guy is well travelled.

That's 8 clubs now.

The last 5 of which he was just a sub for a season before moving on.

Journeyman....
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

If he plays for Quins, we will win. Simple as. He was a truly terrible player.

Remember Clermont last year. Steve Jones gets injured, they replace him with the inspiration that is Craig Mcmullen and we spank them home and away. Someone injure Lee Jarvis!
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

He wasn't particularly impressive for us from what I remember, neither was he particularly good for Clermont when he came back to play against us.
Osprey in Leicester
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Osprey in Leicester »

sammy wrote:If he plays for Quins, we will win. Simple as. He was a truly terrible player.

Remember Clermont last year. Steve Jones gets injured, they replace him with the inspiration that is Craig Mcmullen and we spank them home and away. Someone injure Lee Jarvis!
Its Adrian Jarvis not Lee.

Lee now plays for Mount's Bay who play in South West 1.
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

I seem to remember people thinking Ramero (can't spell!!) Pez was a shocking player when he played for us but look at him now.....

Players progress and I can't see Deano selecting somebody who is going to prevent DR having moments of glory.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Pez had a half decent six nations granted, but that doesn't get away from how truly poor he really was at Tigers. I remember well, he was probably the second poorest player to ever play for us behind Ken Fourie.
McMullen would be relatively high in that list too. Far too indecisive.
Lea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lea »

Nice to know how much you all actually watch these players. Mc Mullen is a good fly half and didnt actually do much for us as he was brought in as cover.

Pez didnt really get much of an opportunity to show what he was capable of I think the language barrier was too high and we were too early in his carreer.

Quins will test us they have not really been a pushover so far, penalties have cost them matches as have yellow cards.

We will have to be at our very best to stunt them and I hope that they have some sin binnings as that was teh only way that Wasps could break them down when they were down to 14 men.
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

Lea wrote:Nice to know how much you all actually watch these players. Mc Mullen is a good fly half and didnt actually do much for us as he was brought in as cover.
I won't argue with you about Pez. He was never really given a chance.

Mcmullen though, man he was rubbish. Ok he might have done the business in the development games but thats hardly a glowing reference is it? Did you see him in both Clermont games? He was garbage. If Steve Jones had been playing we would have at least been challenged.

As for the person (possibly my good pal Nik) who said Deano wouldn't sign a bad player do you remember when he managed Tigers. The reason he went was because he signed some very bad players. Did he sign Mcmullen? Or was that the work of that fat prat Rod Kafer?
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

They are Welcome to Mc mullen and Ricky Nebbit also for that matter - He of course was an ex Quin before he was an ex Tiger or Ex Leinster and in between Quins and Tigers he was ex Wormwood Scrubs (Not sure if they had much of a XV - a sort of "mean Machine")

Pez seemed ok before he came to us and not bad after - not sure what happened to him at Welford Road - all went a bit pear shaped

I would have Skinner back anytime ... and Deano of course!
GeddingtonTiger

Post by GeddingtonTiger »

Quins have just signed Andy Gomarsall. Quins must be running near the top of their salery cap given the number of signing they've made. Don't know if Gomarsall has any connection with Tigers but i'm sure he must have, since every player seems to have played for Tigers at some point.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 4 »

There was no language barrier with Pez! he'd spent two years at my beloved Rov! decent years at that too - just didnt seem to be up to it at Prem level. Good 6N granted, but thats not bundles for his CV is it, and he has never started many games at top club level. Still, he was sdecent player fpr rov, and this is a little off topic so i'll shut up!
Chappo

Post by Chappo »

well all i can say as a devoted Leicester Fan, who has a sense of fairplay - DEANO DEANO DEANO!!!