A plea to be POSITIVE

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

A plea to be POSITIVE

Post by Bunchy »

All - not the start to the season we wanted ( ie we wanted 3 wins out of 3 and nothing else ) and there are varying levels of faith and optimism amongst the fans - both on here and at the games.

We are varying from the g's of this world (total misery and pesimism) to me (blind faith and loyalty). Now I am not on here to say that either is correct, we are all big enough to make our own minds up how we want to go through life - BUT I would like to say that whilst we are at the game we should all make our minds up to be positive and supportive and LOUD so that the team always feel like the supporters are supporting. Especially if we are having a bad period in the game. This is when we need to do our bit to lift the team as it is more important than when we are on top.

It is easy to cheer the 25 metre rolling maul and try against Sale - our challenge is to cheer the goal line scrambled defence even louder - that is when they need it.

KEEP THE FAITH, as a guy called Bill W used to say.....a lot......and in much nicer colours too !!
Less is more....
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: A plea to be POSITIVE

Post by Tigersfan90 »

Bunchy wrote:
It is easy to cheer the 25 metre rolling maul and try against Sale - our challenge is to cheer the goal line scrambled defence even louder - that is when they need it.
Absolutely. :D
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Hey Bunchy

Who are you calling a misery? MOI?

You have no idea what I am like as you have never met me.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

g - no I have not, but I think everyone who reads your threads has a good idea of what you are like.

Perhaps Iain should do a poll ?
Less is more....
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Bunchy

You are talking out of your backside. No one who reads my posts know anything about me. The people who I've actually met from this forum ( Iain) being one know exactly what I'm like. Altho Iain may beg to differ.

Just ask Shogun, Nik, Wez, Bill W, GS, Karen H. what I'm like.

So Bunchy you think you may know what I'm like but really, you don't have any idea.

Let Iain start a poll if he wishes, I aint bothered ( Although I know he wouldn't waste his time and energy on that).The positives and negatives would be about equal as I have had a fair few pm's of support from some on the forum. (no names mentioned btw).
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

please please please stop now ..... it s all a little childish.... g i have no doubt you are a wunnerful person... but as i have never met you i can't really say..

people as you can imagine make there minds up from what the read and see... and at times on here especially you do appear as a little bit of a pessimist and whilst not a misery.. sometimes the world is going to end..

bunchy i am sure you never meant anything malicious by it... he was just saying at he sees it... which of course all he has to go on..

so please can we stop bickering and all be each others friend.. we are after all on the same side.. allegedly..

come on group hug :lol:

by the way bunchy i'm with you lets get positive.... we can and will do it....
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

I think you're great G, you make me laugh.. :lol:
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Hey - remember my original thread, an attempt (probably poor) at humour when I poked fun at Capt Positive (me) versus seemingly Capt Negative (g).

The point of the thread was to those who attend matches to get behind the team regardless of the match or situation.

g - I will not use your name again because I dot not want to start you off on yet another attack and I do not want to argue with anyone on here.

Saturday is the next chance for some to respond to my plea - I will be there shouting loudly wearing green, not mulberry. I hope I will be in good company.
Less is more....
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Ok kevf I'll be good just for you :lol: After all you did ask me nicely. :lol:

I won't be attending Tigers games this season but that doesn't mean that I won't be cheering for Tigers. I actually do want them to win.

I just don't like what is going on within the club at the moment,and people who know me know I speak my mind, if that comes across as pessimistic or negative then so be it. I will continue to air my views about Tigers whether they are good or bad. It doesn't mean I don't support them.

I can't believe I am explaining myself to people on this forum. :shock: Definitely must be something in the water up here in Chesterfield this morning. :wink:
Last edited by g on Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Tigers have had a mediocre start in that they lost against barf and a draw at welford road is never good. Whatever anybody says, there are definately negatives to come out of those annoying results. HOWEVER, from (nearly) every negative a positive can be made - it's just how you think about it. IE Goode's running.. he was a little tubby, which was negative, he realised this and so he made a positive decision to lose weight, which will hopefully bring more speed and agility (which admittedly we've not YET seen)

I used to think G was negative and whiney (for which I very much apologise), but now I think she is just constructively critical which is a good way to make things positive, if you think about them in the right way. Whatever, G has her right to express her views.

Come on lads and lasses, lets make negatives into positives :D and as the wise man says, KEEP THE FAITH!

I'll be screaming from an Irish Pub somewhere in either Germany or Luxembourg! Listen out ;)
Chesterfield Chris
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Chesterfield Chris »

Oh god g i've just drunk some chesterfield water!HELP!!!!!!!!! :shock:
anything_but_ordinary
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by anything_but_ordinary »

g no need to explain yourself!!!!!!

we love you anyway . . . well i do!!!!!

ignore them they are lookin for a fight

love always

em
x x
ITS ME EMILY!
JUS FANCIED A CHANGE!!!
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

g wrote:Bunchy

You are talking out of your backside. No one who reads my posts know anything about me. The people who I've actually met from this forum ( Iain) being one know exactly what I'm like. Altho Iain may beg to differ.

Just ask Shogun, Nik, Wez, Bill W, GS, Karen H. what I'm like.

So Bunchy you think you may know what I'm like but really, you don't have any idea.

Let Iain start a poll if he wishes, I aint bothered ( Although I know he wouldn't waste his time and energy on that).The positives and negatives would be about equal as I have had a fair few pm's of support from some on the forum. (no names mentioned btw).
I've never met you, but oif Karen has and likes you then you must be cool and down with it and stuff, lol, i don't think you're miserable, you may not be over ahppy about our performances but thats probably apssion but genrally i find you quite funny, especially on WRCC
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

g i do agaree with some of the stuff you say... we still have a lot of improvement the thing that annoys me is i know we can do it... look at the sale game... we need to be more consistent.. not give away silly penalties.... but i try to be optimistic and give as a friend of mine would say positive vibes... think its they way i have been brought (dragged) up... so i suppose i can see both points yours and bunchy's .... and i never for a moment thought you didn't want tigers to do anything but win....

oh em i'm not looking for a fight.... haven't got time for that much more important things too do...... although i agree some are thatway inclined on here....
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal