Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

k1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Mehrtens out for a while

Post by k1 »

http://tinyurl.com/nencf

Mehrtens out for 6-8 weeks. Could be very damaging to Quins survival hopes. Shame really, had thought Quins would do well this season.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Yes and no, K1!! Quins played quite a bit last season without Merhts and they still won. However, having stepped up a grade in rugby they do need someone of his experience. Quins have had a hard start to the season and it won't get any easier for them on Saturday, we hope!! :wink: I hope they get out of the present mire but not good for them at the moment.

Personally, its a shame as I was looking forward to seeing him play. I actually like Andrew Merhtens as a person too.
TigerTimmy

Post by TigerTimmy »

I was disappointed not to see him play in the double header on the first weekend (though it took me half an hour to realise he wasnt playing). Now not gonna see him this weekend either.

Saw him play a couple of times last season and he looked pretty good. Was let down by the players outside him a bit sometimes (Greenwood didnt play any of the games i saw). Was looking forward to seeing him, abbott and the welsh bloke, whos name i cant remeber at all.
www.myspace.com/polarbeauty (Random electronic doodlings)
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Hal Luscombe.

And to all those who have told me I know nothing about rugby see I do have some knowledge of the game. :lol: I also know that Paul Volley is Quins captain and he played for Wasps and Castre.

Clever ole me. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Osprey in Leicester
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Osprey in Leicester »

g wrote:Hal Luscombe.

And to all those who have told me I know nothing about rugby see I do have some knowledge of the game. :lol: I also know that Paul Volley is Quins captain and he played for Wasps and Castre.

Clever ole me. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hal Luscombe is South African !
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

What you telling me that for I only gave his name I didn't say he was Welsh.

Tell TigerTimmy that not me.
Osprey in Leicester
Gold Member
Gold Member

g wrote:What you telling me that for I only gave his name I didn't say he was Welsh.
Tell TigerTimmy that not me.
Only messing ! :wink:
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

What? you having a good start to the day today or something? :shock:

Whats all this being nice to g about? :wink:

Oh and BTW I thought with a name like Hal Luscombe he would be welsh. I mean, it don't sound very South African does it? :?

Oh and another thing are the Welsh that desperate for players that they have to start having SA's in their team. I bet he qualifies through having a welsh grandparent and then finds out he hasn't after all. :shock: Just like Shane Whatshisface few years back. :P
TigerTimmy

Post by TigerTimmy »

He plays for wales, that classes him as welsh in my book.
www.myspace.com/polarbeauty (Random electronic doodlings)
Osprey in Leicester
Gold Member
Gold Member

g wrote:What? you having a good start to the day today or something? :shock:

Whats all this being nice to g about? :wink:

Oh and BTW I thought with a name like Hal Luscombe he would be welsh. I mean, it don't sound very South African does it? :?

Oh and another thing are the Welsh that desperate for players that they have to start having SA's in their team. I bet he qualifies through having a welsh grandparent and then finds out he hasn't after all. :shock: Just like Shane Whatshisface few years back. :P
He qualifies for Wales through the residency rule, hes about as Welsh as Mike Catt, Van Gisbergen, Abbott, Dewi Morris and a whole host of others are English !

:wink:
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Osprey in Leicester wrote:He qualifies for Wales through the residency rule, hes about as Welsh as Mike Catt, Van Gisbergen, Abbott, Dewi Morris and a whole host of others are English ! :wink:
Hi OiL

Does that mean that you qualify as English now ? :wink:
Osprey in Leicester
Gold Member
Gold Member

dailywaffle wrote:
Osprey in Leicester wrote:He qualifies for Wales through the residency rule, hes about as Welsh as Mike Catt, Van Gisbergen, Abbott, Dewi Morris and a whole host of others are English ! :wink:
Hi OiL

Does that mean that you qualify as English now ? :wink:
I moved to Leicestershire 3 years yesterday so yes I would qualify through residency, but unfortunately my grandparents on both sides of the family were English so I also qualify on those grounds. Andy Rrobinson did phone me but I declined a call up, I just pray now Gareth Jenkins rings me soon !

:wink:
Osprey in Leicester
Gold Member
Gold Member

pbanks792 wrote:So you're not really Welsh, then, Osprey :wink: :wink:
100% pure Welsh beef. Born in Swansea with Welsh parents, cant get better than that !